Searching For Christmas Decorations

This gets a bit weird before it finished. A few days ago I was asked to go searching in the restaurant storage rooms to see if I could find the Christmas decorations. I happen to have some idea which of our many keys will open the doors. Going in I knew I was in for a major alpine expedition. Those rooms contain the accumulated promotional and equipment junk from several administrations without anything resembling organization. Finding something useful and keeping up with my usual responsibilities was not easy. I struck out on the first room (My search was maybe a bit superficial. I didn't want to get trapped in there). The second room though was better. I found a box perched up high with Christmasy decorations (not the ones they were looking for) and a couple of metre high nutcracker soldiers (that no one has seen for several years). After that I gave up and they called on someone whose been with the company longer. The following day I find Stephen with a step ladder searching the service space in the ceiling. Apparently the man in charge vaguely remembers storing them up there somewhere. When you have storage rooms, who in their right mind would store something in the service space?
We have room in our roof space for storage but I'm sure whatever gets put up there will never be thought of again. So consequently we haven't used it at all. But it's still available I guess if we want it.
This isn't storage space I'm talking about. This is just the gap you have in any building where they run wires, pipes and duct work. The ceiling tiles are suspended just under that gap. It isn't designed for storing anything.
@koopharper I understand now. Really stupid space to store stuff obviously.
It sounds like the owner and/or store manager needs to have those storage rooms cleaned out. I remember when I got transferred to one of the older stores in the city. They had 3 grills, yet only used 2. The third was a spot for extra trays of buns. That grill eventually got hauled out when they needed the room for the deli sandwiches. That was 11-12 years ago. They since tore that store down and completely rebuilt.
The Sackville restaurant has been reconfigured at least once. The interior was all switched around. Better use of space but it kind of messed up the heating system. Crew room is frigid. There are too warm and too cool places in the lobby too. Similar problems happen in repurposed buildings that become call centres.
They do not seem very organized, they should start cleaning up their spaces so they can find what they need more easily.
There is a lot of junk they should decide how to dispose of. Not a simple task because of the the perceived money tied up in it. A great deal of it will never be used by us. Since it isn't worth trying to sell, it should be sent where it can be recycled or safely junked.
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
We only find our decorations after we've gone and bought new ones.
That's true for so many people. My son thinks he remembers where they put it all so they might find them in time.
• Uzbekistan
Why doesn't the company throw the things which aren't needed any more in the bin?
Good question. We need to give a lot of that stuff the heave ho.