~Babysitting & Missing Bottles~

Jacksonville, Florida
Good morning! My day started early with babysitting today. The little baby I watch got here at 7:30am. I had a shock when I opened his diaper bag and there were no bottles or baby food for him! I told his grandma (that's who he lives with and she brings him each day). Thank God Sabrina said she would go to the store and get those things but if she wasn't here I don't know what I would do because I don't drive! Hopefully it was a one time mistake and it won't ever happen again. His grandma said he went to visit his mother yesterday and she never put the bottles back in the bag...
This is not something you can forget, the grandma had to check twice.
@LadyDuck Yeah she should have checked it to make sure it was in there.
The irresponsibility of some people is just amazing. Good luck next time.
@celticeagle Yeah it is ridiculous. Hopefully it won't happen anymore.
@LovingMyBabies ...Not as bad as leaving the baby in the car all day though.
@celticeagle That is true, it's not as bad as that. But still I have never forgotten bottles, diapers, wipes, baby food, etc for my children. Those are things that should never be left behind when you have a baby.
@softbabe44 (5901)
• Vancouver, Washington
That's not a way to do a baby whats wrong with the mother any communication I wonder why grandma has the baby in the first place.
@softbabe44 The parents lost custody of the baby, I am not sure why and I didn't want to pry much to find out. They can only have the baby for short visits.
• Vancouver, Washington
@LovingMyBabies Hopefully it's supervised I'd want it to be.
@Blondie2222 (22218)
Well good thing you had a life saver to go to the store for you. That's awful he would come with nothing.
@Blondie2222 Yeah I was so grateful she was here to help me get what he needed.
@T_gray (7808)
• Salina, Kansas
I've had that happen to me once when I was babysitting but luckily I drive :-/ so glad you had someone to get them for you though
@T_gray Yeah thank God Sabrina was here to get me what he needed. Otherwise, I would have had a horrible day!
@fishtiger58 (30337)
• Momence, Illinois
Yea that's not good.
@fishtiger58 No, especially not when it's a 6 month old!
That wasn't very smart for the grandma not to check the back before she left her home.
@marlina Her husband brought him here today, but still someone should have checked the bag.
@Platespinner (16782)
I would be tempted to have an emergency bottle and formula on hand just in case (maybe talk to the grandma about providing you with such?).
@Platespinner I am keeping the bottle here that was bought so that cannot happen again in the future.
Glad you had someone to go get them for you.
@TRBRocks420 Yeah thank God my friend is amazing and went to get the things he needed.
That is frightening. they should know that having those necessities fulfilled or bought is not your responsbility and babysitting is what you were sign for. I can't believe these parents, maybe there's a reason for it? hope it doesn't happen again.
@Letranknight2015 I don't know if there was a reason other than no one checked the bag before bringing him here. And it is not my responsibility to provide those things, your right. The grandmother is paying Sabrina back but if she wasn't here to get those things she would have had to come here from work to bring me what I needed for him-then I would have been the bad guy!
@Shellyann36 (10867)
Sounds like an honest mistake. Since the baby was "visiting" mama I am sure that Gma is the primary care giver and probably exhausted. I am sure she will learn from this mistake!
@Shellyann36 Yeah I know it probably was but it was still frustrating since my friend had to pay for those things and use her own gas too.
@Shellyann36 (10867)
@LovingMyBabies No doubt it does. I think I would have called her and asked her to bring back a bottle. I hope it does not happen again.
@Inlemay (16654)
• South Africa
My daughter is baby sitter her nephews for a few days and this sounds just like her - she is always looking for something. I am going to pop in and visit later
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Lol my wife babysits a little girl and she is a hudini of bottles