Record your voice for your little ones!

The older I get, the more I want my grandchildren (and greats!) to remember me. A couple of years ago, I bought four of the record-able books from Hallmark. There were several different ones, but I bought "The Story of Christmas" for each of our four grandkids. My husband and I took turns reading and recording the story on each page. The kids seemed to like them, but I do think the books will be more meaningful after we're gone. It will be nice to be able to hear our voices. I need to buy one more book now that we have our sweet great-grandbaby, Allie Marie! If you want a unique gift, check out the Hallmark store. I think they still carry these books.
This is a great idea, so even the children of your grandchildren will be able to hear your voice.
I hope so. Unless the books get damaged, I'd like to think they could hear our voices.
@1creekgirl Record your voice on a DVD using your computer, even the books get damaged this will remain for many more years.
@LadyDuck Thanks! That's a great idea.
That's a wonderful idea. I would do anything to hear my Grandma's voice again.
I know, wouldn't it be wonderful to hear our grandparents' voices again.
@1creekgirl Yes and, my Grandma did think about that too unfortunately the person who took all the tapes of holidays my Grandma made, never shared them and, said they were ruined in a flood, makes me mad because the would have been my prized position.
@TRBRocks420 Oh, that's so sad. They lost a treasure that can't be replaced.
@Auntylou (4324)
• Oxford, England
What a good idea. I would love to have had a recording of my brother and parents. Will see if they have this in the UK
Do you have Hallmark stores there? If not, maybe other companies carry the record-able books.
@Pattitude (1299)
• Newton, North Carolina
I did the same. I bought The Night Before Christmas for my granddaughter and I also saw a tip online about starting an email account for her and when she grows I will give her access to it. She will read my emails through the years.
That's a very hi-tech way to keep a journal for her!
@Pattitude (1299)
• Newton, North Carolina
@1creekgirl I should give my daughter the password, in case I'm not alive by the time she grows up, but hopefully I am!