Not feeling it yet

Not feeling Christmas yet. Maybe it is the jet lag or the fact that I picked up a cold on the way home. Then perhaps I am still not adjusted to the change of scenery - from green to white, from fun in the sun to routine. Are you feeling it?
I'm hoping putting my tree up will start some stirrings of glad tidings in me!
That is what my husband said and he raced out to get a tree which is now up. I just have to muster the will to decorate it.
I am not feeling it much. With severe depression and SADD I am not very into the season. Hope yours will be pleasant.
I hope you feel better as there is a long winter ahead. Do you use anything for your SADD like a light perhaps. Not sure how well they work
@Freelanzer ...Yes, a long winter to come. Isn't even really winter until Dec.20. I have tried the light and doesn't do a think for me. I even did the DNA testing to find the right med for me. None of them helped either. So I hibernate until May.
I'm sorry you have to deal with depression this time of year. I hope you feel better soon. I've heard taking Vitamin D helps.
@hereandthere (26104)
it's probably the change in climate (you were on a cruise right?) we just put up 2 pieces of decors today.
Yes I was and I blame my inability to do anything Christmasy on that
@Freelanzer give your body time to rest and adjust. maybe good nutrition, fluids, vitamins, exercise would help. and 1 or 2 decors a day hahaha! i might put up 2 more today.
Sometimes I am and, sometimes I'm not, right now I am a wreck though lol.
Sorry to hear but hopefully we all feel better and more into Christmas soon
@Freelanzer I am feeling better now, just had a really weird day yesterday thanks and, hope you feel better too Merry Christmas.
@fawkes62 (1354)
I see my tree all set up and it seems like Christmas is coming, then I go to work and see the unusually nice weather outside and struggle to remember that it's even December.
It's way too warm for December here, too.
@carexing25 (1825)
Christmas is in the air and just like you, I don't feel it yet.. and I have the feeling of wanting to escape from it.
I do get that escape feeling sometimes. i guess it is wanting to get away from all the hype and hustle and bustle surrounding the holidays
@UncleJoe (9233)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Back up against a Holly bush! You'll feel it!
Hardly from the outside of the house, since it is sunny and relatively warm, no snow scheduled for Christmas Eve or day BUT inside, it is decorated nicely !
@yalul070 (1758)
• Manila, Philippines
Not yet because our bonuses have yet to be released. So we can't buy gifts yet.
We are still in Advent, so you have time to get ready.