This was my first time in Hawaii and my second cruise

I returned home Sunday from spending nine days in Hawaii. I spent two days in Honolulu and then I took a cruise to three other islands. It was beautiful as well as interesting and informative. It was also expensive and I came back exhausted. I have taken many beautiful pictures and as time goes on, I will post about my journey adding an image or images.
• Portland, Oregon
If that was Norwegian Cruise Line, my son was a chef on that cruise for a year. He got to go ashore when he was not busy working and has tons of photos he showed us. I have only been to Maui for a week.
I got a great taste of Hawaii but the trip was sort of overwhelming. There was so much to see and do plus we were overloaded with info. I came home with some great pictures but oh so tired. Now, i want to go back. It might have been more relaxing to do it your way -- one island at a time for one week. You really get to see an island at your own time. You can always go to another island another time. Your son did it right but those crew and staff sure work hard.
• New Delhi, India
You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.
And I went to them and I am so glad that I did.
@scheng1 (24742)
I think the air ticket cost as much as the week-long cruise. That is always the problem of travelling to distant places. I am sure your friends are jealous of you. You are in sunny island, and they are dealing with the cold.
I was able to fly there on rewards but had to pay close to $400 to fly back. You can get reasonable round trips and hotels are real reasonable. I was very pleasantly surprised. The cruise was very expensive. Ny cabin cost about $2,500 which included taxes, fees, insurance and gratuities. Then there was the cost of shore excursions. All together, just the cruise cost me about $3,000 or so. The whole vacation cost about $5,0000 but it was well worth it.
A vacation in Hawaii sounds like a very nice place to visit.
It was a very nice place to visit -- maybe even to live!!!!