Change of School?

Secunderabad, India
My kids were in same school from nursery to until now they are in 5th and 4th standard today we received a call from their school to inform us that they are shifting school building to another place as they constructed their own building and they are providing free transport. However , I am not happy about this the reason being the new school building is very far from our home and it will take one hour for them to travel we told the principal that we will shift them to a new school. My children wants to continue in same school but we don't want them to travel every day for that long hours I feel that they will become very tired. What do you do if this situation arrives to your little ones? Don't you all think it is better to shift them to a new school near by your home?
I would change the school for my kids if I ever get into this kind of situation. Because it's a waste of 2 hours for them to travel. That much time is very useful for them. They could watch cartoons or read their books or enjoy with their parents.
• Secunderabad, India
I do agree with you mostly I will be chaning checking for some good schools here
@srisahara (4160)
I agree with you if you want shift your kids to a new school near by your home. It is normal that kids do not want apart with their friends. I think you should think a bout their health if they go to school that very far from your home. They will too tired, it is dangerous for their health later.
• Secunderabad, India
I know that's why I want them to shift to near by school but they are not happy about this anyways thanks for your opinion!
@srisahara (4160)
@sheelahasan It is the tend of children. try to persuade them that they will get new friends as well as their old friends. But, it is not easy to persuade them. I hope you will find the best way of the problem...
@mommaj (22711)
They are old enough to understand what is going on and let you know their feelings. After all, it is their two hours that is being wasted. If they want more play time or free time they will come around to your way of thinking. Also tell them what you think and you will have the last say. I don't know what I would do. In the US, I would probably just give them both online education so they wouldn't be so far away.
• Secunderabad, India
I hope we had online education here in India as well! Thanks for your suggestion!
@mommaj (22711)
@sheelahasan I hope they have it for you. It would certainly solve your problems.
@lydia2000 (122)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I understand you; you want the best for your children. But before making any decision it is advisable you consider their feelings. And in your case your children are very comfortable. Let them be. After all it is adventure and obviously they will learn more during their trip to and fro from school to home.
• Secunderabad, India
I understand thanks for your suggestion!
• Nairobi, Kenya
@sheelahasan you are so welcome
@shshiju (10201)
• Cochin, India
I think your children have minimum 4 year relationship with the old school. They have their good friends also. So for them it is difficult. In a new school it take some time to adjust. If they can manage I don't suggest you to take a new decision.
• Secunderabad, India
Sure will think about it thanks.
@shshiju (10201)
• Cochin, India
@sheelahasan Took bold and wise decision , best wishes
It will be a good step to send kids in a school which is near by. Because as you stated the school has shifted to a distant place and travelling takes around one hour. So everyday two hours will be wasted in travelling only. These two hours can be utilized if the school is nearby.
• Secunderabad, India
Thank you!
Year,a school nearby is more convenient to both parents and children.and more safe. Children are tool young to wonder which is more important but the parents can.
• Secunderabad, India
Yes we as parents should take the decision thanks for your suggestion!