Diary Thursday 10th December 2015

Photo taken by me – beer
Preston, England
A day that started out rather mundane turned unexpectedly rewarding later. The mundane morning just involved job searching activity which is now more intense under the new DWP supervision regime I was placed under yesterday. I filed an online formal complaint over the poor customer service that had led me to long waiting periods and extra visits to my opticians. The response was startling. A senior manager invited me in to receive a financial discount on the purchase of my new spectacles which I picked up later in the afternoon as I had to pass the shop anyway. After a relaxed library visit I met with friends for a science fiction group gathering, in a bar where many were celebrating Christmas office parties but we had a good night. Arthur Chappell
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
So what you saved on the cost of some glasses you used to fill a few more.
@Auntylou (4318)
• Oxford, England
Oh you are good. I love the myLot wits of which you are surely one!
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
@Auntylou It is just that talking nonsense comes natural to me.
At least the manager proved that they care of their customers. I suppose that @Asylum is right judging by your photo.
• Preston, England
The pub visit was planned already irrespective of the unexpected refund so it didn't really make any difference to the evening or drinking.
@Inlemay (17032)
• South Africa
Now is that glass half full or half empty???
• Preston, England
It was fully empty very soon after the photo was taken lol
That was so nice of them to compensate for the poor service - you getting a discount on your spectacles . Here , they won't ever do that .
• Preston, England
@SIMPLYD I certainly hope they learned - I shouldn't need to visit them for a few years now
nice! That's a good and speedy response, and would go along way to me not walking away with a , never there again, response.
@GreatMartin (5804)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Bad beginnings lead to good endings!
@Auntylou (4318)
• Oxford, England
It is well worth complaining, companies are beginning to realise that poor customer service does them harm. Glad you had bright spots in your day
@Blondie2222 (22588)
Well glad the meeting went well and you got a discount. We went to TGI Friday's the other night and there were parties there also. That time of year but glad you had a good time either way