"No Pic, no chat"

Was the first and last message I received on a certain dating site. I had logged in with plans to delete the account, when I read that message. "No Pic, no chat". Since I never even asked to speak to the guy to begin with, my first impression of him was not a very good one. A message like that just comes off as somebody who is full of themselves. Even worse it also implies that the person it's directed to is some how desperate for your attention. Anyway, I calmly sent a response back to him explaining that I understand him, but I'm not looking to chat. I'd only signed up to get points from an offer. I've been tempted to write a short set of rules for younger men dating older women. Now I've got another idea for one on "Sht not to say if you ever want to get a date and not end up as a crazy cat lady/man".
@moffittjc (47504)
• Gainesville, Florida
I signed up once on one of those online dating sites, but I couldn't delete my account fast enough. All I kept getting were messages from girls half my age saying they were looking for a sugar daddy to support them and their baby. Listen honey, instead of finding a sugar daddy, you need to chase down your baby daddy and make his a$$ pay child support! And another thing, learn to keep your legs closed if you can't financially take care of the little life you created when you were out having a one-night stand with some scumbag you met in a club! Overall, I think many of those online dating sites are last-ditch efforts for people who shouldn't be breeding, let alone dating. Now, I'm not saying that everyone on those sites is like that, but it's scary how many shady characters (both male and female) are on those dating sites! Again, they're not all bad, but you can meet some pretty interesting people there (and by pretty interesting, I'm not referring to that in a good way!) lol
@salonga (27957)
So you logged in to that site because you took an offer! Was it an offer here at myLot? If I were in your place, I would answer "Who cares!" lol!
The offer was with a gpt site. Originally I never intended to log in, but they got much too spammy. Unfortunately they will never send the confirmation link to delete the account.
@alberello75 (19943)
• Genova, Italy
Well, I personally, never have been written in a dating site. However, I know for certain that some want to see "in the face" the person with whom they chat. That said, each site has its own rules.
That makes sense if the person without the image contacts you first. But, to message somebody unsolicited and say that is just rude. I never asked to speak to him to begin with.
@AkoPinay (10112)
Haha I remember signing up from different sites only to get the reward
Most of those sites are junk anyway. I've stuck with a few though, such as Dailybreak because I saw some good reviews about it.
@Ruby3881 (1997)
Wow, talk about rude! He was obviously full of himself. Must think he's God's gift to women, or something....
Yep. A complete narcissist. Last thing anybody needs in their life
@kaka135 (14130)
That's quite rude. Glad that you didn't stay there longer. I wonder if you'd receive more unpleasant messages like that. You were so nice to even send him a reply.
Yeah well he's lucky I calmed down first. lol I was kinda hoping he might know more about removing accounts since he seemed to be a veteran over there.
• Preston, England
If they are literally looking for glamorous model looks in a partner before all other considerations you know they are the men best avoided
@boiboing (12879)
• Northampton, England
Unfortunately there are just as many morons on line as there are in the general off line community.
Thats very funny your idea. Yes he is full of himself for sure.
@fishtiger58 (30317)
• Momence, Illinois
Very funny, some people might need your suggestion.