New Zealand may change a new national flag

New Zealand
Guangzhou, China
Tonight I watched a news about New Zealand. They are voting for changing a new national flag. In fact I like the new national flag design because it is more unique. Some countries' national flags look alike and I like the new change.
It's a long time that they are discussing this change, the proposed flags were many more some months ago.
In fact this is my first time to hear it. So it is a news for me.
• Adelaide, Australia
They have narrowed it down, refined it, added more, etc since then.
@veganbliss This is the further news.
@scheng1 (24742)
It is a very stupid idea, and a very costly idea. The economy of New Zealand is not good at the moment, and to spend a few millions to change the national flag is simply a waste of money. When you add in the cost of changing all the flags in schools, government buildings, and the wrappings and tins of many goods made in New Zealand, you can see the impact of such a change.
Yes, there are some complaints about it since it is costly.
• Adelaide, Australia
@youless Prime Minister John Keys came to power when he was the richest man in the country. He can actually fund the whole thing himself! How much does a flag cost? We get our big ones for $2 from a Bangladesh sweat shop! Any costs will be very much compensated by swelling chests all over the country. When you want to see a country boom in bad times globally, just watch & see!
@birjudanak (7293)
yes its good that they are changing it and i like third one because its suite to their country with color.
The leave logo is quite popular in their country.
@youless which is your best?
@birjudanak The first one. As the flag with the leaf in black and white seems to be a little dark color in my opinion.
@veganbliss (3901)
• Adelaide, Australia
It's about time! But it's not the first time. I really do hope they succeed; then we will have a good excuse to do the same, thereby ridding ourselves of the curse of the Union Jack & all that British Empire imperialism stands for! After the richest man in NZ became PM, New Zealand has been going gang-busters & putting us across the pond to shame. If he can clear this hurdle, he can take the crown head-on & win. Their native FERN (it's not a leaf, people!), looks great. I was hoping for a Kiwi bird on there & maybe a kiwifruit. I wish New Zealand every success on its path to becoming a truly sovereign nation in its own right. That country has so much going for it right now & so much to be proud of.
This is a creative idea to have a kiwi bird on the flag
• Adelaide, Australia
@youless They chose the Silver Fern to do what Canada did with their Maple Leaf.
• Adelaide, Australia
@veganbliss I'd prefer they went with the flag that has ONLY the Silver Fern on it. Australian Flag features a Southern Cross already, so they should get rid of it to better distinguish themselves.
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand
The result will be interesting. Very few people want a change from our current flag.
Then a lot of money is spent in vain.
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand
@youless that may turn out to be so. The ones we are currently voting on are between the current flag and the one at bottom right.
• Budennovsk, Russian Federation
what does this branch of leaves symbolize?
It seems it is a famous plant in New Zealand.
• Adelaide, Australia
The Silver Fern is their National Emblem.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search "Silver Fern" redirects here. For other uses, see Silver Fern (disambiguation). Silver fern Frond, showing silver underside Scientific classification Kingdom: Plantae Division: Pteridophyta
I like the leaves. Hope they go with one of those.
It seems that the first flag has the most votes.
@youless ....I like 1 and 4.