Looks Like Snow...Feels Like Spring

Mother Nature is certainly confused. Today we have a mix of sun and clouds. When the sun hides behind those gray clouds it looks like a cold winter day and the type of sky that usually looks like it will snow. But, when I went out to do a few other errands, it was pleasantly warm out with nearly 60 degrees F. Crazy weather in my little corner of the world. Looking outside it appears to be cold and a typical winter day for the middle of December. Once you step outside it's surprising to find it so warm. Guess the winter coat, hats, boots and gloves will stay put for now and I'll continue to enjoy going out without having to bundle up or deal with icy roads. Truth be told, I'd be happy if it was like this all winter and we didn't get any snow, ice or freezing cold weather.
yes me too. Wish it would stay warm and snowless like it is now.
@susan2015 I'd be doing the dance of joy if we had no snow at all this winter
Went out this morning and it was beautiful and sunny. Now cloudy and depressing!
@marlina I find cloudy days depressing and I hate being cooped up in the house
The cold has not arrived in Switzerland yet. It's a strange year, cold in the morning, but warm in the mid of the day.
@ladyduck daytime it's warm but nighttime it gets cold enough to have the heat on
@Marilynda1225 We have to heat even during the day, it's not warm enough and the sun goes down so early in the evening.
@LadyDuck I hate that the sun goes down so early . It feels like the day is oveer and it's only 4:30pm
• Portland, Connecticut
We are having the same crazy weather, the other night it felt like snow, You know that feeling but I know it just wasn't cold enough. They are telling us that in an el ninio year we only have a 10% chance of a white Christmas. I just hope it stays nice through the first week of January when we will be driving to Florida.
@bellestarr I'd almost put money on no snow for Christmas this year. I'd also be happy if the snow held off until Jan or Feb and I wish I was going to Florida for the winter
• Portland, Connecticut
@Marilynda1225 This is our first year doing it so I am anxious to see how we like it.
@BelleStarr I have an aunt & uncle who do it every year and leave freezing cold upstate NY for warm and wonderful Florida. I'm sure you'll enjoy it too
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
The weather was a blend of two extremes here as well. The Sun was fairly bright while I was wandering around the shopping precinct, albeit still cold and windy. There was also a horrendous black cloud lurking in the skies, ready to block the sunlight and turn on the rain. It was a good guiding star to help me to find my way home because my house was directly below the cloud, as usual.
@asylum hope that big black cloud didn't rain on your day. The sun was playing hide and seek here all day and mostly it was hiding
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
@Marilynda1225 It did start to rain quite heavily, but not until I was back in the house so I was not too concerned then.
It is all clouds here, 65 and climbing. the temps are rising due to the south wind not by the sunshine!
@abbygreenhill same here as the sun has hardly been out today
@Marilynda1225 Today will be different - and it will be 74 today and tomorrow...uncover the poool!
@fawkes62 (1295)
It's been unusually warm here too. We had a few inches of snow not too long ago and now it's almost melted. But now they are saying we will be returning to reality next week and will actually get down into the single digits for lows. That's not unusual for us, but will seem extrememly cold after lows in the 20's and highs in the 40's.
@fawkes62 you must be in a more northern state than I am,.Our forecast shows same warm weather pattern for the next week or so. Sounds like you've already gotten a taste of winter
I believe that we are about 10 degrees F lower then you are. Its a treat, but they are forecasting that we'll have snow this second half of December, so that means it will get cold.
@juliaacv are you a snow lover? I'm just hoping the snow holds off until after Christmas (no white Christmas for me). I want my whole family to be able to travel so we can spend Christmas together without snow hindering everything
@Marilynda1225 I don't mind the snow, I prefer it to be cold, clear and dry, these mild temperatures are very unhealthy.
It seems like it's warmer everywhere for this time of year-so weird.
@lovingmybabies seems as if we're getting the benefit of el nino and it's warmer everywhere
we are in for a mild stretch till next week.
@amadeo I hope they can stretch it beyond Christmas...keeping my fingers crossed
@whiteream (3527)
I am enjoying all of this nice weather. i have been outside and doing some yard work.
It's nice being able to spend time outside in December and not shoveling snow!!
@Lucky15 (33423)
We stil have warm weather here tok when it should be colder now
@amnabas (9909)
• Karachi, Pakistan
We have the mild chilly weather but no snowfall.
@simone10 (21664)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Our temps were around 70 yesterday and that is very strange for this time if year. I'm not looking forward to the cold when it finally does hit us.
@simone10 I have a feeling that we will get clobbered when winter finally decides to show up
@simone10 (21664)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@Marilynda1225 I have the same feeling and I'm not looking forward to it at all.
We've had lovely weather here lately. I keep waiting for it to get stinking hot but it hasn't happened yet.
@judyev maybe you won't get the hot hot hot and we won't get the snow snow snow
@Marilynda1225 You never know! Stranger things have happened - but maybe not much And wouldn't we complain like that if we did.
@Blondie2222 (21399)
It hit 62 degrees here today i loved it. I walked out of work at 530 tonight and it was still warm so i did not need a jacket. This weekend supposed to be almost 70. I love it i wish it could stay like this all year round but we know that won't happen.
@blondie2222 I'm certainly in favor of a mild winter. I hate having to bundle up when I go out
@Rollo1 (16649)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Yes, I keep seeing clouds that seem to promise snow, but do not hold any because it's far too warm. But I am happy with the low electric bills for heat, so I won't be complaining.
@rollo1 I'm also happy that the heat bill will be lower this month.
snow falling,
I wish it would stay nice weather all year around I do not like the cold and snow of winter.
@jstory07 your picture makes me shudder as I'm not ready to look out my window and see snow LOL
I believe Mother Nature is right on cue with the way weather as well as history, shall repeat itself: countries that usually experienced warmer climates are now experiencing the reverse while countries that were much colder, are considerably warmer !
@mom210 (6683)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I am enjoying her confusion it is so nice. We had a really hot summer so this feels like the summer I wanted.