Amazing Pig Mother.

Banks, Oregon
This is the best story I have heard today, a Mother Pig escaped slaughter, by jumping out of a moving truck, she was then able to give birth to 9 babies at a animal shelter. It doesn't surprise me Pigs are actually one of the most intelligent animals, as shocking as that might seem it kind of makes me feel bad for eating them, but bacon is so good tasting.
@Inlemay (16991)
• South Africa
I dont eat pork at all - shame the poor pig
I can't say the same. I have been eating bacon, ham and, pork chops all my life. I do believe they should be able to live until a ripe old age though and, killed humanely.
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
That's a cool story. Makes me think twice about eating a pig. I probably still will but I'll think about it first
Same here, but I do believe it should be made a law, where they get to live until they are old and, killed humanely.
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
@TRBRocks420 that is a good idea but do you think we would have a shortage of neat then? Maybe?
@T_gray I'm not sure, but maybe.
@cacay1 (33203)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
So bright pig saving his life. We had a pet pig when I was a teenager.His name was Bobby.He was so big,stout and wonderful.Every time we arrived home he followed us in the sala and wanted a hug.We hugged him and after few minutes he dropped his body on the floor and slept.He wanted to be caressed.When the bf of my sister visited her, he was so shocked seeing our pig Bobby sleeping beside the sofa.Because he was just an animal, so no hurt feeling when our father sold Bobby. We all cried , and Bobby cried too.Pigs are indeed awesome and could be a pet.Thanks for this post.It reminded me our pig pet Bobby.
Yes, they are really amazing animals. I would like to get one as a pet someday and, Bobby sounds like a awesome pig, sucks your Dad had to sell him.
@cacay1 (33203)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@TRBRocks420 Yes, we were so hurt at home,but Bobby is really raised to be butchered.It was our fault why trained him and became a wonderful pet.Just imagine he shakes his body and wiggles fast if dislikes something.I missed our pet pig.Yes, we can also tame a pig to be a pet,but it hurts if time comes to sell our pet.
@cacay1 My Grandpa used to be a farmer and, butcher his own meat, my mom said she would refuse to eat it, unless she saw a package from the store in the garbage, because other wise, she knew it was one of her pets.
@ridingbet (59601)
pigs are intelligent animals. they provide us food. But they are also the most shy among all, because they always bow their heads. This is a common joke here in my country.
Lol that's funny.
@ridingbet (59601)
@TRBRocks420 yes it is. have you seen one pig that holds its head up high, like it is proud and boastful and a braggart? they are so humble, and ashamed because they are 'just pigs'. No offense meant to Mrs. Piggy.
@ridingbet Pigs can actually be very aggressive in the wild and, do have the capabilities of doing damage, very sharp teeth with a hard bite, but yes they are mostly humble, nice animals. Smarter than one gives them credit for though.
@VivaLaDani13 (22117)
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 Glad the pig got away! But yeah I know what you mean about eating them. I feel bad too when I think deeply about. I try not to. But it's still not like I would go out and kill it myself.
So that was 10 lives saved - yippee!
I'm glad the sow was able to escape and have her piglets. I hope she wasn't eaten.