Have You Ever Visited Richmond, Virginia?

I live just south of Richmond, Virginia and know my way around the city fairly well. There are a lot of historical places to visit in the city. Petersburg, Virginia is just south of where I live and it is also a very historical city. Quite a bit of the movie "Lincoln" was filmed in Old Towne Petersburg. Many of the buildings there have been standing since before the Civil War. Come and visit, if you get an opportunity.
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
That sounds like a place I would like to visit. My husband just retired so we have more time to do those sorts of things.
You should plan a trip and come. Richmond and the surrounding area has a lot to offer, especially if you like Civil War history.
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
@IreneVincent My older sister is a Civil War Buff, maybe we can plan a trip.
@fishtiger58 She would probably really enjoy it and you would too. There is lots to see and do in Virginia.
@FourWalls (13799)
I was in Richmond last October...came to see a concert. I went through Richmond quite a bit when I was stationed in Norfolk.
Where did you come from? What concert did you hear? Yes, you would not be far from Richmond in Norfolk. Were you in the Navy?
@FourWalls (13799)
@IreneVincent I live in Kentucky, near Louisville. I went to see Robbie Fulks at the Capital Ale House last October. And yes, I was in the Navy. I used to see Robbin Thompson all the time when I was stationed there. I was deeply saddened when he passed away earlier this year.
@FourWalls Robbin Thompson co-wrote "Sweet Virginia Breeze" with Steve Bassett. I haven't heard that song in a long time. Yes, I remember him.
I have never been there, someday I would like to travel more though.
I've never been to Oregon either, although I've been to northern California. I've actually been to 46 states, including Hawaii and Alaska, but to that Northwest corner of the U. S. I have not been. Oregon, Washington, Idaho and North Dakota. I have been to South Dakota more than once and to Montana and Wyoming.
@IreneVincent I have only ever been to Oregon, Washington, California and, Arizona.
@LoriAMoore (4799)
Yes, I sure have, last time around 2004 I think.
OK I'm glad you got to visit Richmond. I hope you got to see some interesting things while you were here.
We are hoping to travel across the USA.
I lived in Denver, Colorado for two and a half years. My daughter was born there. I hope you can come East and visit Richmond some day.