Clutter Monster

By
It runs in the family, keeping things that aren't worth keeping. We tell ourselves "Oh we can use this for this or that." We never end up using it for what we intend, an months or years later we end up discarding it. I've got to go through my old paperwork and destroy what is no longer valid while putting the stuff that is inside my accordion file. I should also deal with a few things that are in some canvas baskets. I could reorganize a shelf to fit most of the stuff in those baskets on the shelf. That will get rid of some of the clutter. I have a chair that I have only sat in a handful of times because I had to use it for my temporary bathroom storage. I need to go through it and get rid of the stuff I don't need, or relocate the things I do. I know this all sounds as if I have a mess to deal with, but truthfully it's not all that bad. Once I get these few tasks complete it will look even better.
@Freelanzer (9542)
I try to get rid of cutter often, the problem is I add to the clutter.
If I could be more organized, I aimgine it would help.
It really is a problem with me..but it is only with papers. For some reason, I let them pile up and it is really hard for me to get to it.
I have envelopes from cards sent to me for Birthdays and Christmas. I don't need the envelopes but I keep them nonetheless.
@katsmeow1213 (29043)
You can come organize my place too! I also seem to be a bit of a hoarder.. but the good news is that with 5 kids things get broken and thrown away almost every day, so that counteracts my hoarding problem. My house is slightly cluttered, a lot of it is trash. We have no where to bring our trash, no dumps or anything like that nearby. So we have to wait till we can afford a dumpster to get rid of the old furniture and broken beds that are literally filling our garage.
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
I'm the same way. But I've gotten to the point now where it's like just get rid of it. I don't need it. I've downsized a lot in the last couple years. It feels good almost
@bagarad (13043)
• Paso Robles, California
It sounds like we have a lot in common here. I would just dump everything, but it's so hard today. They won't let us burn anything because it's said to pollute the air. It takes time to shred things to protect papers from identity thieves. We have to keep a bunch of paper for several years as documentation for our taxes. If people were honest and the government didn't demand so much paper be kept and banks didn't keep sending us offers we need to shred, clean-up would be much easier.
@scheng1 (24741)
I think your family is not into Feng Shui. Feng Shui concept does not allow for cluttering. Cluttering prevents the flow of energy, and according to Feng Shui, many illnesses are due to cluttering.