Problems at my daughter´s home

Chile
My youngest daughter, Claudia, has a tough problem at her house. Her man friend, father of her last child, brought along with him 4 kids from his marriage. The kids, not children anymore, do not live at her house but some of them stay for weeks sometimes. The youngest, 14, lies, steals and I don´t know what else. As Murphy would have guessed, she is the one that stays longer with them. They have had to put locks everywhere but I don´t know what was the last thing she did as Claudia will not tell me. Did she pick the locks? The problem has become a problem between the two grownups too. And my daughter is not acostumed to having locks in her house as we never did. Maybe tomorrow we will get together for dinner (only the 2 of us) and if I cannot help her at least I can cuddle her. Do you have those problems at home? How do you manage?
Sorry about all that but your daughter does not have to live like this.
I hope she gets the girl´s father to do something. She has her own children to think about and the house is hers.
Oh, that's a BIG problem alright, what's worse than those who steals, lies and other mischievous deeds. yeah give her a cuddle, but is there a way to keep her man friends children off the damn house?!
Years ago, the children decided to live with their mother and came to my daghter´s house every 2 weeks for the weekend. But this girl has always been a problem and it seems that her mother got fed up with her and told her to go and live with daddy. If I were my daughter, I would be more stern with her and with the whole situation. After all, the house is hers.
@marguicha i would call the cops if i were in that situation.
@Letranknight2015 I would not turn a 14 year old child to the police. They would not help her in any way.
@dodo19 (34284)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm really sorry to hear about your daughter's situation. This is not a good situation. This is a pretty big problem. Hopefully you can help her figure something out.
She came yesterday and I listened to her. Sometimes that helps a lot.
@dodo19 (34284)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@marguicha sometimes it does. Hopefully this is one of those times.
I'm sorry your daughter is going through that. I hope it can be reconciled soon. I'm familiar with problem children.
I hope that the girl does not cause big problems between my daughter and her father.
@marguicha That would not be good.
@Pattitude (1298)
• Newton, North Carolina
I have never experienced this, knock wood, but I do know some people that have. It sounds like some ground rules need to be put in place.
It has been done, but the girl says that she won´t do it again every time she is caught. And being caught means that first she tries to put the adults one against the other. I would send her back to her mother´s house.
@Pattitude (1298)
• Newton, North Carolina
@marguicha I would too, if she couldn't follow my rules.
@marijuana (576)
• Tel Aviv, Israel
That's really a tough problem. I hope they find solution soon. Your daughter does not need to be burdened with such.
I know. And she is very upset because of this. The girl has been reprimanded by her father and he has talked with her but to no avail.
@cacay1 (33192)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
This problem can affect one's emotion.If we are not used to many people coming/visiting plus many things locked. Your daughter is very problematic,but she seems could handle this at all.She is so considerate and she does not like trouble for the sake of love and Christmas.
It seems that they are placing locks evrywhere. But my daughter has never lived with a person she does not trust and she is upset
That baggage can be the worst part of getting together. I know first hand as well. I would make some changes if at all possible about the living situation.
I hope that she can go back to living with her mother.
@Asylum (48215)
• Manchester, England
This is probably a little more common than we ever get to know, but I have no idea how I would deal with it.
I wish I could just get the girl out of her house That´s my evil part, of course. But I don´t agree with the way Claudia´s BF related to his children and in 2 occations I have had to put a stop to things he has said to MY grandchildren. He is quite offensive
Fortunately I don't have problems like that. I love your line about at least cuddling her.
Sometimes we cannot take the problems away from our children´s shoulders. But it is in those moments that they must feel that we are there. ALWAYS.
Not in my home, but I have a friend with some problems like that.
What did she do?
• Uzbekistan
What does the girl's father say? Maybe the girl wants to attract attention. She may feel neglected in such a patchwork household.
It seems that the girl has been that way since she was little. And my daughter lets her father reprimand her as she feels that it is not her role to do it. The other daughters and the boy are not like that.