Pumpkin's rant of the day: Failed MoT, and Pesky Kids

United Kingdom
Well, today has been rather more hectic than anticipated. I took my car in for MoT this morning. I expected it to fail as I knew there were a couple of problems. I'd prepared myself to have a week without a car, and I'd saved up some cash to pay for repairs. I had not, however, anticipated quite so many problems and their associated costs. The garage can fix everything but it will take at least a week and will cost more than I paid for the car. After wondering whether it was worth it, or whether I'd be better off buying a new car, I have decided to go ahead with the repairs. Better the devil you know, and all that. I like this particular car. I just hope that they can and do get everything done and that they don't fix it only to find there's something else. So that was that. I have done a lot of walking today. Firstly, from the garage to the boyfriend's and back again. Then from the garage to my town (the garage is in the next town), then between bus stops, doctor's, and pharmacy to pick up a prescription and fetch the medicine. The boys were supposed to meet each other after school and come home together on the bus. As I was waiting for my bus home, I had a text from my sister informing me that Mini (the little one) had gone to my Mum's. Luckily, I hadn't already got on the bus. I then tried to call Midi (the big one) but couldn't get through. So I had to walk up to meet Midi, then we walked back to my Mum's, then back down to the bus stop. We got the bus most of the way home and then walked the last bit. I'm grateful that this town is quite small! I'm also struggling with my study at the moment. I just don't seem to have any motivation. I have an idea of what I need to do. I've found some bits easier than expected but there are other bits which seem quite scary. I am planning a full day of study tomorrow though. Although I won't be able to do as I usually do and have a couple of hours while Mini is at Cubs. Obviously, it'll take me longer to get there and back with him than it usually does but I'm not working so I can get some done while the boys are at school While I am ranting, there was one more thing. If I don't have the car back by the weekend, I'll be struggling with getting Mini to his rehearsal on Sunday. Sunday buses aren't very good anyway but Mini will be the other side of town at his dad's. Well, M (Mini's dad) has started asking if he's having Mini (I'd said before that that would be the only time he would see him). He has him one night a fortnight. As I'll have transport issues, and it would mean a lot of to-ing and fro-ing, I asked if M could take Mini to rehearsal or, at least, meet me in town. As M doesn't drive and I do, it usually makes sense for me to do the dropping off and picking up but, obviously, if I don't have the car, that's different. Well, I asked M if I could bring Mini over early next time, and about getting him to rehearsal. I didn't get a proper answer. The reply was basically some rubbish from M saying he'd have to see as he was at hospital. I know he's had some health issues but it's funny how he's been fine right up until he's asked to go out of his way to do something. I won't go into more detail about that but obviously it's added to the things which have annoyed me today. I think that's all for now. I'm off to write a positive post. :)
@patgalca (14479)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I wrote a post on the other site recently about all the problems with my car and how much it cost. When I showed the estimate to my brother-in-law he said only one of those things really needed to be done (in order to pass the emissions test) and it could wait until renewal in the spring. I hope you're not getting taken for a ride (pun not intended) just to get your money. Wishing you luck for the rest of your week.
No, I always take it to the same place as I trust them. There were a couple of big jobs (brakes and axle) that needed doing, as well as some smaller ones. :) I knew about most of them.
@sallypup (27491)
• Moses Lake, Washington
You certainly got in some exercise.
Yes I did. I think it should make up for not being able to get to the gym, and for the extra chocolate I had at the weekend! :)