My Christmas - Part 2

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I want to thank everyone for the great ideas. Let me tell you what I'm going to do. I got a lot of fabric from when we divvied up my parent's place prior to putting the house up for sale. My parents were in assisted living at the time, my mom has since passed and dad is still there. So anyway I went through the fabric to see what there was and what would be suitable for Christmas. There was quite a bit to choose from. Now I had an idea a few days ago about making gifts for everyone but I would buy the necessary pieces. Thinking about that I knew would cost more than I had available to me. So I pushed it to the back burner until all your suggestions. So now I only need to make some templates of words - yes words. If you are familiar with the Fruit of the Spirit found in Galatians, those are the words I'm talking about. If you're not they are: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and self-control. Now what I don't have is plenty of stuffing. I don't have plenty of plastic bags, so I thought my only expense would be batting. As I have no room to set up my sewing machine, I will hand sew each one. Then wrap and not put any names on them - why? Because I'll let them choose which package they want and the one they choose is the one they should have. I just need to make the templates for it and as I said, buy the batting. That shouldn't cost too much. For Dad I thought I would give him a different one on the same theme, but all the words - so that one I'm thinking a frame and poster board. I don't need to worry that it's something they all have already. I'm also certain they'll all love it. And they'll all have a piece of Mom with the fabric that was once hers. She loved to sew. So there's my idea. If you think fabric glue would work as well as sewing, let me know.
dont know if glue would work, and stitching could be made to look neat but I dont know what kind of time these would take so don't know what's feasable
I don't either, so I need to get started on it right away. I'll need to go to the store tomorrow for batting and sewing supplies.
@just4him gogogo! I got one project done for thursday, now I gotta finish work secret santa one
@Jessicalynnt I got started today.
@Elizaby (3957)
• Pensacola, Florida
Great idea. I may borrow for next year and make pillows for my homefellowship friends except I think I will embroider the words on the fabric. (Now to watch for fabri sales and see if I can find my hoop.
That's a good idea too. I'm bad at embroidery, though I can do it - easy cross stitch.
@mom210 (6773)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It sounds like you have your work cut out for you, good luck
I've started work on the pillows. It takes about 2 hours to do each since I'm doing them by hand.
I love the idea. But sewing by hand will take forever.
@PainsOnSlate (20508)
That is a beautiful idea, I think you got the right idea.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
It sounds like a wonderful idea and I'm sure they will be very happy with their gifts.
@salonga (27954)
I certainly admire the patience and creativity of those who make handicrafts. I don't have much patience but I certainly enjoy looking at the finish products.