One more night and a wake up...

...until I get to dump Verizon. I hope they don't read this or they might shut me down a day early! After writing about what I have been paying for Verizon internet I think it took a little of the 'edge' off of my feelings (anger) for that company. When a Verizon rep tells you, 'We are very expensive." that says it all. It worked well and the price was reasonable the first few years. When you have few options you get stuck and I was stuck...now I'm pulling my feet out of the mud and moving forward. Tomorrow morning at this time I hope to seeing the smiling face of my HughesNet installer! Once his job is completed I will make my final call to Verizon to say - "Good Bye". Photo: pixabay.com/en/hand-arm-shield-keep-good-bye-997395/ To
I cannot believe that they still have clients, they are too much expensive.
I guess some who use it only stay on the computer an hour a day, that way it's ok, but not for the amount of time I spend online.
@AbbyGreenhill We use the computer all the day, my husband uses the computer to work, we needed an all inclusive plan.
@LadyDuck Its just me using this thank goodness!
Vince always talks about how many 'get ups' to go rather than how many 'sleeps'. I'm not sure why. Hope your new package works out well for you.
I think my x-husband used to say one more night and a wake up - which is a good reason I shouldn't use it!
@gudheart (12804)
I am with Sky which is a UK provider and they are okay. Hope the next one is better for you :D
Thanks, at least it will be cheaper, I'll know in a few days if it's good, bad or worse.
@gudheart (12804)
@AbbyGreenhill At least you can cancel it early without any fees or charges?
@gudheart $105 termination fee, which is worth it!
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
What you were paying was an understatement to what the Verizon rep told you. Are they nuts or what.
I wish they had said that when I got Verizon not after the fact!
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
@AbbyGreenhill That's the way it works. Make you think you are getting this great deal and then they slam you. Shameful business practices. The Cable TV companies are worse. And what's with the 2 year contract anyway, that mess is just not right.
@fishtiger58 They all do that contract thing, Verizon was two years also.
wow, cant believe they admitted that
I almost fell out of my chair when she said that.
@kaka135 (13479)
I'd just like to say Congratulations! I'm happy for you as you don't need to pay for such an expensive Internet access. I can't believe the rep said that to a customer!! That's quite annoying. Hope your new Internet access works fine for you!!
Thank you very much - it is being installed right now, he's been here over an hour!
@LoriAMoore (9745)
Good for you! I can't believe how much it costs now to just have plain old phone service.
Phone? My landline is $20 a month - this is about internet.
What you paid for Verizon was totally insane!
I could have bought a cell tower for what I paid!