Big Ouch!

Pattaya, Thailand
Sorry I have not been active most of yesterday and today. Believe it or not, I fell down! Painful and extremely embarrassing. It was like it was happening in slow motion and I was able to twist my body around and landed on my hand rather than a hip. I got up and was a bit sore but about two hours later my left foot started to swell and got to the point that it was too painful to even walk. So I went to the pharmacy and got a bunch of drugs and now I am feeling better and can walk again with out much pain. So tomorrow, I will try to catch up to everyone.
Oh no! Did you ice the injured area? You be careful - you sound like a skater! I actually thought of you today - the kids and I went shopping (lausd schools were closed due to that bomb threat which they're now saying was a hoax). We went to a book store and I saw the title "I'm Too Young to be Seventy - and Other Delusions"
• Pattaya, Thailand
LOL! I like that title! It makes a lot of sense to this poor old geriatric!
@richnonai Don't forget to eat some ice cream - that always helps too!
Keep your feet elevated and put ice on it Richard. I hope you will be fine by tomorrow.
• Pattaya, Thailand
Thanks, Anna. It is a lot better today but I think I will be hanging around the house for a few more days.
@richnonai Wise move, it's better to rest and to keep your feet on a chair.
I think anyone who falls feels like it's happening in slow motion. But there is still nothing you can do to stop yourself. Hope your foot gets better quickly.
• Pattaya, Thailand
Thanks Judy! Managed a small walk today; it was a bit painful but at least I got out of the house.
I'm so sorry to hear that you fell. I nearly did a few years ago. It was out in the parking lot which was like a skating rink in the winter. Luckily there was a car right in front of me and I was able to break my fall. Scare me though. Hope that your hand is better soon.
• Pattaya, Thailand
Hi! I am about all healed. I am happy that you found the car to hang on to. The fall was scary and I need to keep in my head that I must slow down.
I see you also have a story about a fall. You haven't mentioned why you fell, but obviously no other party was involved you can blame.
• Pattaya, Thailand
Just an old man who is slowly realizing to slow down. I got off a bus and lost my footing as not all of the streets here are level. Entirely my fault.
Oh goodness, I'm sorry you fell and I hope you feel better soon.
• Pattaya, Thailand
Thanks! How is everything going with you? Been a few years since we have talked! Think it was the time that a tree was considering falling on your roof or something like that.
@hereandthere (28972)
i hope nothing's wrong with your foot.
• Pattaya, Thailand
It is healing...unfortunately, it is attached to an old body that is finally realizing that it must start to slow down.
Sorry to read about your fall, there are a few users here that had one lately. Hope you feel better soon.
• Pattaya, Thailand
Thanks marie! It is on the mend. I will feel a lot better once I get off these meds.
Uggh that sounds awful and I would of opted for turmeric and olive oil made into a salve to reduce the swelling, start healing the connective tissue and made a hot toddy for the pain, heck with prescription grade or over the counter pain meds !
• Pattaya, Thailand
I would have considered homemade meds but it was hard enough just getting home. My landlady, who is very good with remedies (Thai meds) made me a decent salve. Thanks for your concern!
You are very welcome and if you celebrate the Holidays, have a great one ! @richnonai
• Pattaya, Thailand
@enlightenedpsych2 Thank you and I wish you a great holiday and everyday!
@AkoPinay (11670)
Aww old men must always be extra careful peace