Fluid In My Lungs, Again

@HazySue (21304)
I just got home from the doctors office. This is the third time in the last two months that I have been so sick that I am unable to work. I am tired of being sick. I keep getting a infection that culminates into fluid in my lungs. This time I am almost constantly coughing. I am now taking z-pack once more and getting an antibiotic shot every day for five days in a row. It was decided that they would not give me a cough medicine, they want me to cough to get everything up. I hope it gets better quick, I'm having Christmas dinner this year at my home. Is anyone else having the problem of reoccurring respiratory infections?
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
Holy cow @HazySue . How miserable. Maybe it's time to try some herbal remedies. Honey & cinnamon in hot, green tea. Drink garlic juice, rosemary or ginger. Inhaling steam with chamomile, peppermint, clove or eucalyptus oil. That should help.
@HazySue (21304)
@nanette64 I have been doing the green tea thing. I haven't tried the rest. I will. Thanks for the suggestions.
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
@HazySue You are welcome. They do work.
@nanette64 @HazySue it takes longer for herbs to appear to work, but they are a deeper and more thorough remedy and generally can go along with what the doctor orders. All these things are much better for you and you can do them year round to strengthen the immune system.
I seldom am sick, but I am not exposed to children, either. I am sorry you are sick. I do not know if there is some way you can strengthen your immune system or not. My son swears by lots of garlic, but even he got sick this week.
• Pamplona, Spain
Garlic does help somewhat. I am using it quite a bit this year. We only have a small Gas Fire heater and that is not really healthy either so I am doing all I can to stay away from it but you also have to keep warm. So Garlic has a lot of vital vitamins which we need too. I use it in cooking as taking it raw is real dynamite at least for me.
@UncleJoe (9937)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I am susceptible to respiratory infection, so I take an expectorant (with lots of water), a couple times a week to keep my lungs clear. Fluids open the door for infection.
@HazySue (21304)
@UncleJoe I never thought of doing this. I do drink a lot of water but I can see the wisdom in taking an expectorant a couple of times a week.
I used to many years ago but when I feel the first sign of congestion or a scratchy throat, it is green tea with lemon, honey and raw ginger/ garlic, then add Vitamin C to my supplements like Vitamin E I take regularly and spit everything I cough up so nothing reinfects my lungs
@HazySue (21304)
@enlightenedpsych2 I have tried but I seem this year to be extra susceptible to whatever is going around.
@HazySue Fresh raw pineapple will help clear you up and move the congestion out. The bromelain (enzyme) it contains dissolves the congestion.
@HazySue (21304)
@GardenGerty I have never heard of this. I think I will have to try it. Thank you.
Z pack never works for me, I need stronger anti-b's...maybe you do too.
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
Just be careful though @AbbyGreenhill . Too many antibiotics aren't a good thing. The body becomes accustomed to them and then they no longer become effective.
@HazySue (21304)
@AbbyGreenhill I am thinking you are probably right.
@HazySue (21304)
@nanette64 I am taking the z pack plus getting an antibiotic shot each morning. This morning I had my third shot.
No, I have not recurrent respiratory infections, I am really sorry that you have this problem.
@HazySue (21304)
@LadyDuck Until this year I haven't had this problem. My respiratory infections have been few and far between.
@LoriAMoore (4765)
I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you get better. This darn weather keeps allergens in the air.
@HazySue (21304)
@LoriAMoore I wonder if part of all of this is allergies. Thanks for the well wishing.
• Pamplona, Spain
Seems to be a lot of this kind of thing going around. Here its been tummy upsets but recurring one and head colds mainly that just donĀ“t seem to go away. Get better soon.
@Ketage (57)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Want to try some home remedies that works for me? Onion skin tea = Peel about a kilo of red onions, wash the skin carefully, boil about 3 liters of water, throw the onion skin into the water and boil until the water is dark pink. Then drink throughout the day, do this everyday for 3 to 4 days. Should help with the lung infection. (This is a supplement to your anti-biotics, not a replacement)
That must be so tiring for you. I do hope the doctors are able to cure your condition before Christmas and preferably for good.
@HazySue (21304)
@JudyEv it is tiring. I hate not feeling good during the holidays.
@HazySue It's such a waste of holidays, isn't it? Not feeling well.
@Blondie2222 (21759)
Well I hope with this new rounds of medicine and shot that it will clear up soon. Feel better
@HazySue (21304)
@Blondie2222 I hope so too. Thanks
So sorry to read about this problem for you. I hope that the antibiotics work fast. I have pulmonary hypertension,
@HazySue (21304)
@marlina me too, I think this is part of the reason I am having a hard time this year. I am sorry to hear about you having PAH also.