Done Deal!

@Raelove (17657)
Saco, Maine
Well, I've got my cable TV back, so I'm feeling like a kid again watching it for the first time. I commented to the cable guy that, if I sound overly excited, it's because I grew up during the Golden Age of television. My father brought our first set home when I was only 6 years old. It was a big square monstrosity that sat on a turntable and had rabbit ears on top. But boy, did we love that thing! So in all these years, I haven't lost my fascination with television, and it's thrilling to watch in high definition what were once blurry images at best. I got the same cable guy who was here three weeks ago to hook up my internet, and he's real chatty. So he was here almost 3 hours. But it was worth it. I have a few things to do before settling in tonight to catch up on all that I've missed these last few years, not the least of which is my beloved Turner Classic Movies!
Now you can watch all kinds of shows.
Turner Classic Movies!: you will enjoy those old movies again.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@marlina Oh, I am. It's the best.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
Yes, Judy. I'm having a ball.
Ahha, a fellow TV Addict. We got our 1st TV when I was 12 and it was an instant hit. Now if only we could get some good ole shows like Ed Sullivan, Red Skelton or Laugh In. So much for dreams, eh?
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
There was a channel called TV Land where I did see a few older shows. Not sure if it's still around.
I get Netflix on my TV set via my bluray player @Raelove the trick is to have either a roku or bluray player that allows you to funnel it. Of course, Netflix does cost a monthly fee of approx $9 a month or more if you also get the DVDs. You can subscribe online.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@rebelann I do have a BluRay DVD player, but the model I have isn't wireless, so I'd have to run a cord across the living room. Not for me. I'm happy with my cable. It suits my Lazy TV User personality!
Yes, TCM and AMC. Love those channel. They have Movies and Me-TV now and so many movie channels. I do love my digital cable. I have internet, cable and phone through the same company. Always have been happy with them. I have probably had cable for 15 years or so. Had it off and on before that too. I remember when we first got cable here. Back in the 70's. They come a long way. Enjoy!
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
I am. It's so good to have it all back again. I deprived myself long enough!
@Raelove ..I quit depriving myself of anything back in 2009. I enjoy it all now.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@celticeagle That's my new motto. It's now or never! I'm 65, so it is NOW!
@Angelee_27 (3473)
Whoops, almost didn't recognize who you were since you changed your photo. I have had to live without cable before, it's not fun. I really enjoy watching TV. Especially things like Law and Order, Forensic Files, I (Almost) Got Away with It, and Cops.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
At roughly $3 a day, I think I can live with it. And that includes my internet and phone.
@Raelove We pay $107 and some change per month for our internet, cable, and phone bundle through Time Warner Cable. It's not a bad deal at all. What service provider do you have where you are at?
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@Angelee_27 Same one--Time Warner. And that's what it's going to cose me per month. That averages out to about $35 for each service, which isn't bad at all!
@LeaPea2417 (22426)
• Toccoa, Georgia
We got rid of cable when it got too expensive, we watch shows off amazon and netflix and we have an antennae for local stations.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
As I told someone else, I have no idea how to use those services. People make it sound easy, but I know it involves either a wireless connection to a computer or some other device that receives those signals. I don't have any of that, so I prefer cable. It's hassle-free for me.
@LeaPea2417 (22426)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Raelove Yes, that is true, netflix and amazon require WiFi (wireless). We do have that. Luckily, my husband knew how to set it up, so that we didn't have to hire someone to set it up.
How good to have your new cable TV before Christmas, so you are ready for the holidays.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
Yes, Merry Christmas to me!
@OreoBrownie (3657)
• Commerce, Georgia
I like cable too. I only watch a few channels such as OWN, ION, Justice, and a couple more. I love my DVD best.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
I have a DVD and still have a VCR player, too, and use both once in awhile.
@sueznewz2 (10161)
• Alicante, Spain
hey that's great... in time for Christmas too... I used to enjoy turner classic movies too... but satellite or cable is too expensive in spain.... especially or English and American viewing.... I hop you have fun with it all ..
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks, Susan. I am.
That's great that it is now installed. Hope you have hours of pleasure from it.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks!
A whole new world awaits you. Enjoy!
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks!!
Good for you.Now you will be spoiled
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
I know! LOL
@garymarsh6 (14500)
Good on you. It is good that you will get so much enjoyment out of it. I remember the first time I saw a colour television. It was the day they landed on the moon. It was amazing I stood their watching it with my jaw on the floor. I had to be pushed out of the house. I ran home like a demented excited kid and could not wait to tell my parents.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
We didn't get our first color set until the late 70's. What a difference it was from the old black and white!
• Uzbekistan
I didn't grow up with TV and have never been overly fond of it. Occasionally I was allowed to watch TV at a neighbour's. My mother bought the first TV set when I was 26 and had already left home.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
I did grow up on it and never tired of it. I do vary my spare time with reading, which is my first love. So it's a good balance.
@silvermist (20114)
@Raelove It seems you feel like dancing.I am glad to know your cable TV is back.Now you can watch your favorite programs.
@dodo19 (33995)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I hope you enjoy the shows you are now able to watch.
@shshiju (10557)
• Cochin, India
Fight for Remote in many houses is the proof that Television fascination is not changed in the modern world also. Only the different is that new methods of watching is available.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
That's awesome, enjoy.
Enjoy your television. I have Netflix.
I'm happy that you had your installation appointment today, but I hope that you still come on the site.