Countdown til Christmas.

Chile
Good morning, dear friends! I am resting in bed after a day of work yesterday. I didn´t go out of the house, but I did a lot here. The lawn is mowed and the garden looks beautiful. It will have to stay put until after Christmas as I do not have time nor energy to do it again. As I gardened, I became aware that there were some apricots ripening in the apricot tree. There are not enough to make jam to give away, but today I´m going to buy some brandy to make a couple of bottles of apricot brandy. Today I will start by going to the super to buy some supplies for the several eatables I will cook after lunch. So. if Im not here too much before Christmas, think that my house is getting ready for Christmas and so am I. What are you doing for Chrismas in this last week?
My children have learned this year that giving is more important than getting so we will be taking them to dollar tree so they can get presents for others. We will be doing that tomorrow after my husband gets off work and the kids are SO excited about it! =)
That is the real Christmas spirit. I congratulate you that you are teaching them those values.
Awesome! Can't wait to teach my son about the happiness of giving as well.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
Mine won't be hectic, as I don't do any shopping like I sued to, as most of the time, my family wants money, so that makes it easy for me, to just go to the bank and get the money thsat I will be giving on Christmas. I don't fix the holiday meal either, as my daughter-in-law makes the meal. She loves to do it, so I just let her, and she won't let me bring anything either, although I want to, she tells me ne, so I don't bing any food that way. I know we will have a good time therre though, as we always do, as it will be a special day for us all.
My eldest daughter will have a barbecue on Christmas eve (it´s Summer here) but I will take yummy appetizers while the meat is being done. As for thge presents, I will only give presents to the other side of the family (my youngest daughter) as she has smaller kids. I will see big boys this Christmas eve and they are living abroad so I placed dollars in an envelope and tha will be my present.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
@marguicha You will have a grreat Christmast it seems. I like smaller gatherings myself, as it is much easier to be able to hold a conversation and not have to yell over others to get out point across.There are just 6 of us, and to me that is plenty.
@rosekiss I used to invite a lot of people for my birthday. Now I don´t have the energy. So I invite my girls and grandchildren for tea with cake and on the following Saturday I invite my closest friends. They can all sit at the table and we can all speak to each other.
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
At this rate I am likely to have to resort to making my own Apricot jam. You will have to give that tree a lot of care and attention over the next 12 months to ensure that it bears enough fruit for next year.
I have had that tree for over 20 years. Once my mother paid for an expert to prune my tree as a gift from her and the man said it should be cut. My grandsons forbid me to do it and the tree has been bearing fruit old and ill as it is. It will not be cut down while I´m living here. This year´s apricots are few but very big and juicy. I ate one that fell on my head yesterday while I was mowing the lawn.
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
@marguicha Oh typical, you sit there eating apricots that claim that the tree did not produce enough to make jam from.
@Asylum I don´t "sit" here eating the apricots. I cut the grass, the apricots fall on my poor head, I pick them up (my poor knees!), rub them on my jeans to clean them and eat them
Working and spending some time with my dad while he's visiting.
Make the most of your father´s visit.
@marguicha I will try thank you.
I will be doing nothing in the next week. Hope you have a nice holiday.
Thank you. I will be at my eldest daughter´s home on Christmas eve and I my youngest will come for dinner the 25th.
@marguicha ....Sounds very nice. Enjoy!
@silvermist (20116)
@marguicha Nice to know you are ready and waiting for Christmas.We do not have Christmas,so no hurrying here.
I do know that most people don´t celebrate Christmas in India. But you have a lot of beautiful holidays in your country.
@silvermist (20116)
@marguicha Yes that is true.But if you come here you can see Christmas trees ,decorations and lights in almost all the shops.Everywhere people are in a festive mood.
@kaka135 (14115)
It sounds great to have some apricot brandy with your own planted apricot. Hope you'll get ready for Christmas soon, and your house too! I don't really celebrate Christmas, so I am not really rushing for it, but I am getting ready for the new year, as I need to prepare for my son's grade 1 lesson.
I don´t do much on New Year´s eve, unless someone invites me. I used to, when my husband was alive.
@kaka135 (14115)
@marguicha What I meant was preparing for year 2016, not the first day of new year. We do not celebrate new year too. Sorry to hear about your loss.
i have to make as many swagbucks as I can to get gift cards to give my daughter.
I hope that you get all you need. I don´t work at swagbucks and don´t even know if it is an international site.
• Flint, Michigan
I will be doing lots of house cleaning and organizing my house up, also be doing my last bit of Christmas shopping.
I hope that my shopping is over. But there is always the tiny thing we forgot.
myLot serves as a respite for me after the hectic work that I do getting ready for Christmas. Making apricot brandy using brandy is quite interesting
@Traceyjayne (1160)
I still have lots to do but I am so looking forward to Christmas
Me too. Each day I cook something that will be eaten at Christmas. Today I made the eggplant dip. Yummy!
It seems you have prepared for the Christmas well. There is no much for me to prepare for it. I bought a nice Christmas gift for my son. It is a mini remote control plane and tonight I tried it secretly and it worked well. I can't wait to give him in Christmas. I hope to see his smile
I´m having fun right now making the goodies for Christmas. I always cook whaever my girls don´t have tiem to prepare so everyone is happy.
@wiLLmaH (8236)
• Singapore, Singapore
This weekend we are scheduled to have a general cleaning, wrap the gifts and pack some clothes for our staycation in the eve.
I should take care of clothes to give away for Christmas too.
@louievill (19720)
Good for you, I can't seem to get started, too many distractions and i can't seem to figure out where to start, I need to simplify things first, will start when the kids are on vacation, still too busy with school activities
When we have too many things, we don´t know where to start.
The last week work: cleaning and cooking
Yes! And wrapping the last minute presents.
@marijuana (576)
• Tel Aviv, Israel
I have not started doing anything yet :) I'll be buying gifts, some champagne and warm outfit probably on Thursday :)