The secretary are ridiculous

@ricki_911 (19264)
Toronto, Ontario
Instead of when I called to talk to the nurse they put me on hold. I was sitting on hold for a good 10 minutes. I cooked my breakfast, ate, and then went to the bathroom all while on hold. The one secretary comes back, and goes she's busy call back in 10 minutes. Seriously, so I can sit on hold for another 10 minutes, and then be told to call back. They got a few new secretaries and nurses that are just beyond rude, they had a few that would call you back when they weren't busy. I went in for my b12 last month and sat for 2 hours, I could of stabbed myself with the needle for the time it took them. My doctor wonders why I avoid going in and I tell him he's like oh well they are learning (most of them have been there for several years now).
@fishtiger58 (30346)
• Momence, Illinois
I know they are busy the docs and the nurses. But what makes them think my time is not valuable. The doctors offices always overbook, but I just guess that's ok. NOT
@ricki_911 (19264)
• Toronto, Ontario
It all comes back to money. But every time I go in, the secrtary at the front is always rude. If my appointment is at noon, I will go in at 1pm or later. Yet, if you are not there on time then they can charge you a $150 fee.
@fishtiger58 (30346)
• Momence, Illinois
@ricki_911 But you can show up on time and wait for 2 hours. We should charge them 150 bucks for making us sit there for 2 hours.
@ricki_911 (19264)
• Toronto, Ontario
@fishtiger58 I said that to the one nurse, and she gave me a dirty look lol.
That's what I keep saying. I had called in a caterer to discuss my party needs. He changed his timings twice without informing. I explained what it meant to me and those who are depending on my time.
@ricki_911 (19264)
• Toronto, Ontario
Wow! I would be fuming too. I hate how everyone is so selfish now a days.
@ricki_911 They just do not respect time. Time is more precious than money and that's what I keep telling those who are habitual late comers.
It's amazing. I have been in some offices that are run so efficiently and others that were ridiculous. I find a nurse you like and ask to speak to her when you call. Or leave a message for her.
@ricki_911 (19264)
• Toronto, Ontario
The one nurse that I have dealt with for years retired. I loved her she was so nice, would do the needles properly. The two that I deal with now scream and yell at everyone, and usually my arm aches for days after. The one hasn't been that bad since I yelled back at her infront of everyone.
@ricki_911 ...Good for you! Some people shouldn't be in the profession.
So far the only time I've had a really long wait is when the Doctor got called to an emergency. And then they were quick to tell us what was happening.
@ricki_911 (19264)
• Toronto, Ontario
I completely see that and a good reason. But in this case either they double book, or are rather slow. For the needles the nurse is off eating lunch, or sipping coffee as I watch her.