Do You Remember "CashGopher" by MyLot?

CashGopher Ad
Back in the old days here on myLot, there was another earning opportunity called "CashGopher" and it was created by myLot. Basically, you would download the software onto your computer and let it run. You would accumulate earnings while browsing the web and such. Do you remember "CashGopher"? What did you think about it? I am also curious as to what happened to it, as it no longer exists.
@mammots (3271)
Yes i remember "CashGopher" but i did not download the software at all cause i feared it would be a virus or something. What i enjoyed using the most in the old mylot was its search engine. I hope they will bring it back.
I too enjoyed using the search engine feature, we were able to earn more money by using it. I hope they bring it back too!
@mammots (3271)
@Angelee_27 I earned a lot too by using the mylot search engine. It helped boost my earnings and cashed out just before mylot changed policies.
I remember CashGopher but it is already long time ago. I remember it seems I received my payment once from it. Later since my computer is slow and therefore I didn't run this software any more.
I remember a lot of complaints about it slowing down computers.
• Calgary, Alberta
I remember how it make my online surfing experience a very annoying one. It kept on opening pop ups. It is basically a legal version of a malware.
@ricki_911 (19950)
• Toronto, Ontario
I assume it was stopped when the MyLot originally has stopped their payments. I wonder if they will bring it back?.
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
I remember seeing it.
• Estonia
There is a program called GomezPeer which works the same way as CashGopher did. If I am not mistaken, it is still paying.
• Japan
Near the end of its life, I remember that it used to eat up all of my CPU power for some reason. One of the things I've heard about it is that it sort of lends your computer to some sort of network so that other companies can "borrow" it for something. Maybe I'm wrong, but it still scares me a bit at times.
@inertia4 (27714)
I remember that site. It was okay. But I was always a major MyLotter. I think I tried that site. I am not sure. I probably did.
@dodoazo (21584)
What I know, since myLot has revived its paying role to the users, I think they have changed their sources of income-generating apps and other features for they proved to be unproductive or whatever. On myLot knows it.
Wasn't there the first time, so I wouldn't know.
@PhredWreck (6051)
It was discontinued when myLot stopped being a paying website
@kaka135 (14130)
I only remembered it when I saw the picture. I can't recall whether I downloaded the software, and have ever earned money from it. I remember I was busy at work when it was launched, and I didn't spend much time with my home computer, so I might not get to install it. I did visit mylot using my office laptop. I forgot how we can earn money from this Cash Gopher and do not know where it has gone. Hopefully we will get to hear some news about this little cute gopher.