Surgery Update

@UncleJoe (7681)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
In my last post I announced that I was preparing for eye surgery. I have an appointment to get these cataracts removed on Jan. 7. I can hardly wait. It probably could have been done a lot sooner had I not been so stupid and argued with the optician. There was a slight communication problem. This guy, who happens to be a very good doctor, is of Asian decent. He has been telling me a long time, "You have "caddy-rack!", while I kept trying to convince him I drove a Ford. Except for my daily walks my activities have been reduced. I stay at home as much as I can because driving scares me. This has given me a lot of time for reflection. I question my life more now. In the year 2000, I went to the Cardiovascular Institute of the South in Houma, LA for heart surgery. Without it, I would have been long dead. I had a couple more milder attacks a couple of years ago, along with a back injury that has aged me dramatically. Pain takes a lot of life out of you. Next month a medical procedure will once again restore more quality to my life. Yet, with all these things that have kept me alive, I can’t help but wonder if I have outlived myself.
pain is pretty annoying, esp chronic pain
@amnabas (9778)
• Karachi, Pakistan
So sorry to hear your health issues but I hope you get rid of the cataracts and enjoy healthy eyes.
I hope your cataract procedure goes well. It seems to be commonplace and quite safe nowadays. However I mightn't think that if it were my eyes being messed with.
@Platespinner (17581)
I'm glad you've had done what was necessary, our paths might never have crossed otherwise!
Looking forward to seeing you here more when you can see better!
@amnabas (9778)
• Karachi, Pakistan