You know your child is growing up when...

My oldest child turned 10 this past September. This means things will be changing for her in the near future, and some things already have. I had to buy her her first stick of deodorant. Yes, she bathes regularly, but she was starting to smell a little off at the end of the day. I stayed away from antiperspirant, as that has aluminum in it, so at least now she will smell a little better. I guess I should really have the talk with her. I know later this year, the school will be discussing the change(we have a new sex ed/health curriculum this year), so maybe I will wait until after that. It's not something I am looking forward to.
@Platespinner (16515)
See if you can get a copy of the The Body Book for Girls--I think American Girls publishes it. It was a great way to broach the subject with my girls.
I will have to look for it. I wonder if my favorite librarian has access to a copy?
@Morethanamom If she can't find it I'll see if I can unearth my copy and bring it up with me next week. I'm already supposed to be bringing a box of books for your older sister.
That sounds like a good book for young girls.
My daughter turned 10 in November and I just bought her deodorant too. She is emotional more than I have ever seen before, and I have noticed many changes in her behavior. I am so not ready for this!
My daughter has always been emotional, and I know it is going to get worse.
@Morethanamom Mine has always been emotional too but not this bad! Aaahhh! Lol
@koopharper (6290)
Thankfully I was able to let @beenice2 deal with that and we only had to go through it once. My daughter seems to have pulled through it without too much trouble.
@1hopefulman (27333)
And so now everyone can smell a little easier.
I don't know anyone who looks forward to having "that talk" with their daughter but 10 seems about right these days. Kids are just maturing earlier. I agree with @platespinner that book is great. My daughters all had them for their girls when they reached the same age as your daughter.
I expect that when you get round to the 'talk' you'll probably find she knows it all already!