I have responded to your post but you are nowhere to be seen

Is this not a discussion site where we respond and there is a chain of interaction? Why is it that I never see you? Whenever anyone responds to my post I eagerly comment and hope to have a back and forth interaction and this site is all about only that.
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
We have all noticed some members never respond to a comment, which usually applies to newer members before they become accustomed to Mylot. Nevertheless, there are often comments that appear on discussions but do not seem to appear in my notifications, so I have sometimes missed a few for several days.
@pgntwo (21982)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
I have noticed this gap in notifications betimes too. Sometimes, it is worth stepping through a discussion from top to bottom, expanding every "Show more" or "View previous" section in the discussion, to appreciate everything fully.
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
@pgntwo I have done exactly that many times myself and it horrifying when I find 3 or 4 comments from days ago that I have seemingly ignored.
Those could be exceptions. I have noticed a user who only comments on a couple or two and ignores the rest.
@Porcospino (18396)
• Denmark
It doesn't bother me if people don't comment on my responses a cuople of times. Maybe they missed the notifications or maybe they are busy offline, but if it happens over and over I get the impression that they just aren't interested in interacting. When that happens I stop responding to their discussions.Sometimes new members don't comment on their responses in the beginning, but they change when they learn how the site works. On the other hand some old members don't comment either.
I am planning on doing the same. You are right about a message that they give us in that they do not want us to come to their posts and hence ignore our responses.
@amnabas (10310)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Some members dont feel even to respond on our post inspite of getting continous response from us.
@else34 (13604)
• New Delhi, India
@amnabas,Yes,that's what happens with me.I have also found such members here.
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
That would be the right thing to return the favor.
@Bluedoll (17054)
Who are you talking to?
Those whose posts I have responded to but they have not noticed my responses.
@Bluedoll (17054)
@allknowing Something tells me the posts that do not respond will not respond and the ones that do will respond. Many times I get a comment and then nothing after I reply. Some people use like then I know they read it but not saying anything more.
@Bluedoll You ,mean that those who do not respond to my posts will not comment on the responses I have given on their posts? If they do not want to have anything to do with me then why follow me?
@Missmwngi (10773)
• Nairobi, Kenya
We all have different times when we are online and so you might comment but that person happens not to be around. However as for me and many other we always work on notifications to make sure the interaction goes on
What for are notifications then? I depend on notifications when I know when my posts have received responses and I promptly comment on them just as in this case. I received a notification that you have responded to my post.
@Missmwngi (10773)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@allknowing That is why even when one is not online and works on her notification while back online conversation can always continue
@Missmwngi Conversation does not continue and that is what I have been saying.
@else34 (13604)
• New Delhi, India
@allknowing,This is exactly what I do.I comment back on each and every response to my posts.However I see there are some members who don't take pains to respond to my posts whereas I never miss reading,liking and commenting on theirs.
I have not left out a single response that I see on my posts. There is always someting that can be said and this site is alll about interaction. Some think no end of themselves that they think it is beneath them to even look at the responses.
@else34 (13604)
• New Delhi, India
@allknowing It's arrogance.Isn't it?Anybody who reads and comments back on your response deserves honour for their labour.
@else34 That shows there are cliques here specially when a response is worthy of note or a discussion is worth responding to and they are ignored.
@dodoazo (21035)
Everyone is free. Nobody could control him or her. Here in myLot, the user is free to interact or not. To hasten his/her earnings rise or not, all depends on his/her commitment. Therefore, it is no problem if I wouldn't react in your post or otherwise. To each his own so to spreak. Let's do our part what is should be expected from us if we want to earn.
Earning is a small part for me here but I do enjoy interaction. When I respond I expect an interaction. I know to each their own but this site is all about interaction - nothing wrong in expecting a comment on responses.
@dodoazo (21035)
@allknowing Nothing to argue about it. Let's just take part actively in our role here.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Secret - now what I do is look at the person's profile before responding. I have encountered this way too much. If you see the person had a lot of post, not so many responses and hardly any comments. Pass them by. More than likely they won't comment back to you. Someone said that to me once in a post they don't waste their time on people like this. But then on the other hand if we don't comment on their discussion how will they learn and figure out this site? Maybe we need to teach them but if they don't want to learn it is hard too.
What I am concerned is when some responses are commented on and others are ignored that leads to forming cliques which is quite harmful to the site. I have now decided to drop those who do that to me.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
@allknowing This is an excellent idea and I have started the process of weeding out and cleaning up some of them too.
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
I comment on all the discussions in my posts. I guess those people don't understand the concept of myLot.
It is either they do not understand or they all belong to a clique which is not a healthy trend.
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
@allknowing Yes maybe so.
@Blondie2222 (22378)
I try to comment back and have interaction but sometimes life gets busy and i forget.
I am not talking of those who occasionally do that but there are some who just do not. Probably they do not want us to respond to their posts.
People can be busy at times, others seemed to have not aware of the notification feature. I do how ever respond when ever some does comment on my response to like this post. It's hard to believe that there are still collectors out there, i hope they get used to the site in time. @allknowing
When they post a discussion surely they do it with interaction in mind. That is the main purpose of this site.
@allknowing like i said before either they didn't have time or they don't know how.
Even veterans do that. They pick and choose. Every response needs to be acknowledged.
@Morleyhunt (20383)
Sometimes, like next week I will only be able to be present for short bursts once or twice per day. This can make it almost impossible to respond to every comment. I wil do my best. You probably will not see me submitting many new discussions. Just keeping the discussions alive.
That happens to all of us but some just do not bother.
@Morleyhunt (20383)
@allknowing I often go to the you might also like column. Yesterday I spotted one from a newbie (written a few weeks ago) wanting to know why 'seniors members' did not comment on newbie posts. I read the responses and added my own. He stopped being active a few days after this post because he wasn't earning fast enough. He had not followed through on even one suggestion made by the other members. He responded to their comments, to the effect of, I try that if things don't improve.....say what? You ask for advice, and the need to think about it. That would be why we often don't waste a lot of time with newbies.
@Morleyhunt We all were newbies once upon a time and I remember how @Mysd though forthright was responsible for what I am today. At times I just felt like leaving the site but I was so much in love with the site that I accepted her approach and in a way I am grateful to her.
@lokisdad (4264)
I think that sometimes its an over site.I don't think that everyone who does that does it purposely. I randomly comment on posts.
For some it is a habit to pick and choose - kind of a 'clique' mentality that they will comment on only those responses from those that belong to that clique.
@lokisdad (4264)
@allknowing yes for some this can be like high school with cliques but do't let it bother you too much you will find a place to be happy with a small group who you get a long with well.
@lokisdad It is not a nice feeling at all to think that there are groups here and they are mostly from veterans. I will soon stop going where I am not wanted. But don't they know what hurt they can inflict on others when they do this and that too when they claim to be well wishers of mylot
I have seen that happen too. And it also happens when the friends who comment live in the other side of the planet. I just woke up and saw your name but maybe you are going to sleep.
I depend on notifications regardless of whether a user is sleeping or awake. The notificatins show responses to my posts and I comment on them. As simple as that. Everyone should do that. I notice you do that.
@allknowing I try to do it as much as I can. But I have a lot to do offline for Christmas so I donĀ“t have much time for Mylot
@marguicha When we have no time we normally do not post as after posting it is but fair that we find time to comment on responses.
@EddieHands (37814)
If you comment on my post, I will come back to say hi. Or even here in the comments. I like to chat.
That is what this site is about but it is not so with many. They post a discussion and then never bother to get back and chat with those who have initiated a conversation
@dodo19 (33316)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Sometimes, some just get busy and don't always get a chance to respond. While some just don't care to respond. Such is life sometimes.
Its fine doing that occasionally but with some it is more a rule than an exception.
I know what you mean, you are not talking about missing a discussion, you are talking about the members who ignore us in spite of our commenting multiple times on their discussion, they do not reciprocate. Of course they are not required to but once I notice it a few times I stop visiting their posts. Obviously they are not interested in my posts and they are clearly stating it by not visiting. Just move on and find people who are interested.
You are so right. That shows they belong to a clique. If our posts are not interesting then it is a different matter. I have noticed great posts are being ignored or great responses to their discussions are ignored. I shall soon do what you are doing.
There is only so much that you can say I suppose. When I can think of nothing more to add I 'like' the last thing in the thread so that the person knows I have seen it.
There are a few like you who respect every single response that they receive.
@pgntwo (21982)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Timezones. Some of those that you have responded to are snoring in their beds...
No. Not those. I am talking of those who never come