I'm All Set

@Raelove (17599)
Saco, Maine
I hear that phrase a lot among people who can't be bothered with something. It pretty much applies, though, to the current insanity surrounding the lastest "Star Wars" installment. I just finished reading an online magazine article about a couple of guys who eagerly stood in line outside a California movie theater only to be told that, due to some kind of scare, the building was being evacuated. Long story short, after several hours of what almost amounted to a mass panic, they finally got to see the movie. And I thought, all that for a movie. A stupid movie! According to the article, they were going to a 10:45 showing. That alone set off a red flag for me. There is very little in this world short of a medical emergency that would lure me out of my cozy nest at that time of night. The author of the article blamed the theater management for the snafu, and at one point, he even expected a riot from the angry crowd that kept being put off. It was obvious to me, however, just who had the problem. But be it far from me to suggest that "Star Wars" fans display some sort of intelligent behavior and say, "I'm all set!"
There is no movie that would make me go through hoops.
@Raelove (17599)
• Saco, Maine
Same here, Abby.
I will certainly not see that movie, not my "cup of tea". People are getting stupider by the minute to wait in line for a movie that long.
@Missmwngi (10783)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Ha haa very true Marie. There some situations that just make one look stupid
@PhredWreck (6051)
I gotta admit, I won't even watch it when it's on cable...I never did go for 'franchise' movies.
@Raelove (17599)
• Saco, Maine
Ditto.
@Wordly1 (477)
• Kingston, New Hampshire
I don't do theaters. I'll wait 'til it comes out on dvd and watch it at my leisure.
@Raelove (17599)
• Saco, Maine
I don't ever know anymore what's playing in theaters. Unless there's a lot of hype, like for Star Wars, I wouldn't even know what I'd want to get on DVD.
@Wordly1 (477)
• Kingston, New Hampshire
@Raelove I like to browse the Walmart '$5.00 bin' sometimes. You can find some pretty decent stuff there once in a while.
@Raelove (17599)
• Saco, Maine
@Wordly1 Oh yes! That's where I got my copy of "Lonesome Dove." I couldn't believe it. It's one of my favorite western movies. Our local Walmart seems to have done away with the $5 bin. I'm hoping it's just to make room for holiday stuff.
I didn't read the article, but I Saw somewhere that a fight broke out because someone spoiled the movie for others. I am not a big fan, I could take it or leave it. I will not be going to see it though. Not unless someone offers to pay. As for "I'm all set", I have never heard it said and had it mean that someone could not be bothered. "I"m all set" usually refers to "I'm done" or "I'm ready" atleast in my world.
@Raelove (17599)
• Saco, Maine
Yeah, it's pretty close to "I'm done." As in , "I'm done (or can't be bothered with) all the hoopla."
@Raelove Learn something new every day. I'm trying to think of what exactly I say when I mean that I can't be bothered, but I can't think of it off hand. In Wales they say "I'll do it now in a minute" which basically means "I can't be bothered to do it right now but I will later."
@Raelove (17599)
• Saco, Maine
@ScribbledAdNauseum That works, too!
@Missmwngi (10783)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Like you i would never go out that late for a movie
@Raelove (17599)
• Saco, Maine
I really cannot think of any movie that I would have ever gone to such lengths to see.
@Missmwngi (10783)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Raelove I prefer watching at my comfort at home even during the day
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
Never would I stand in line for pretty much anything. I only like the original Star Wars movies. The rest are just confusing.
@Raelove (17599)
• Saco, Maine
I didn't even like those. I found them too cartoonish and silly. As for standing in line for anything, I avoid it, as I can't stand in one place very long. My back just won't allow it!
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
@Raelove I have a bad back as well so I know what you mean.
Well my son and nephew went yesterday and naturally expected to see a movie. When they got their seats in the 3D part of the theater it was not what they wanted to see was 3D but that was all the seats left. Long story short, they could not see a thing, so my son wisely got up found the manager and got a refund. They wound up not being able to see the film anyway. And after paying train fare there and back. And buying refillable popcorn and soda...oh dear what a waste. It is a lot of hulabaloo. It sank the box office with the weight of the millions it took in yesterday over 200 million dollars. I am also all set lolz
@Raelove (17599)
• Saco, Maine
I am not in the least bit interested. I've never been a fad person anyway. The more popular something is, the less I'm interested in it.
Oh my I wouldn't have any interest in going to the movie that late even if the movie interested me.
@Raelove (17599)
• Saco, Maine
Same here.
I like those type of movies but I can wait for it to come to redbox or t.v.
@Raelove (17599)
• Saco, Maine
Smart move on your part, if it is something you're interested in.
• Uzbekistan
I haven't watched one Star Wars film and yet I'm a happy person.
@Raelove (17599)
• Saco, Maine
Same here.
This is more of a stunt to fend off people.Star War is doing booming business. I can wait to see it myself.Soon
@Raelove (17599)
• Saco, Maine
Right. A movie makes millions while people go hungry. Can't get my head around that.
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I don't want to see our young heroes grown old and decrepit, which is why I am not eager to see it. But The Boy and his friends saw it last night and said it was amazing. They didn't stand in line, they bought tickets online. However, there have been a few incidents of suspicious men in vehicles without license plates taking photos of theaters and asking questions like "what's your busiest time" so that many theaters have enlisted extra security. I have heard the same about malls and shopping centers. I think it's a good thing to be overly cautious, because crowded places make favorite targets for terrorists and mass shooters.
@Raelove (17599)
• Saco, Maine
@Rollo1 Another good reason to stay away.
@PainsOnSlate (20539)
I loved star wars and will be sure to watch this one too after it comes out on CD's Crowds and i don't get along at all...
@scheng1 (24742)
Agree. I would not want to get out of my house at this hour too. it is an insane hour to go out of the house just for a movie. Even if I get to watch free, I will still not go.
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
I couldn't see it right now.