Christmas Plans

By Lola
@Lolaze (3164)
So, what is everyone doing for Christmas? My mom and I are going to go out for an early dinner on Christmas Eve but other than that we really aren't celebrating. I plan to play World of Warcraft and Heroes of the Storm all day on Christmas day. Its been just over a year since my dad died and we just aren't in the mood to celebrate too much. I celebrated yesterday with the kids I nanny. They had an early release day from school so we went home and exchanged presents (I got a model of a minion made in art class, a picture, a paper snake, and a hug), then went out for lunch and frozen yogurt. Yesterday was really my Christmas celebration. What are your plans?
@norcal (3215)
• Nevada City, California
We are not going anywhere, and nobody is coming here, so were are expecting it to be pretty low-key. I'm sure we will have something nice to eat.
@KristenH (24345)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I'll be home alone with my two cats. I'll be sleeping in and reading, watching TV too. It's going to be wet and warm with 60% showers. So I'm staying dry this weekend.
@Lolaze (3164)
Its going to be in the 60's here too! I keep thinking we are going to be paying for this warm weather come January and Feb.
@KristenH (24345)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Lolaze I hear you, Lola. Though it's cold over here with a hint of snow yesterday, I believe you're right. It should happen when we say happy new year!
@dpk262006 (56220)
I am doing nothing but reading posts about Christmas started by fellow mylotters.
@Lolaze (3164)
LOL, i forgot I am doing that as well! I see you are from India - is Christmas celebrated there at all?
@dpk262006 (56220)
@Lolaze - lol Christmas is celebrated here by people following Christian religion. We do not celebrate it. However, we enjoy the festivity and enjoy the Christmas cake offered by our friends.
@Traceyjayne (1114)
we always stay at home for Christmas. We have family visiting on some of the days. Turkey and all the trimmings for Christmas lunch and a few choccies whilst watching the tv I think.
@Lolaze (3164)
My mom is going to cook Cornish hens on Christmas day. We got them because we thought my fiance was going to be in town. I LOVE them and its the only time we have them really.
@wiLLmaH (8244)
• Singapore, Singapore
My sisters asking me what food should I cook to celebrate on eve of holidays. Well, I say, we do not have a plan to cook because we already make a booking for a staycation in the nearby hotel.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Nothing really fancy. Perhaps a hike with a friend, and dinner with another friend.
@LoriAMoore (4688)
We go to my mother-in-law's for dinner and visit with brother-in-law and his wife on Dec. 23rd but other than that no plans.