If I have a son like Tom Sawyer

@scheng1 (24741)
Singapore
If I have a son like Tom Sawyer, I will definitely go mad. It is fun reading The Adventure of Tom Sawyer. The part where he feeds cough syrup to the cat is really funny. The part where he escapes from his room in the middle of the night is exciting. Even though Tom Sawyer suffers many spanking from his teachers, he still does not study. If he studies in schools now where corporate punishment is prohibited, he will be a nightmare to all teachers. If I have a son like Tom Sawyer who likes to go out in the middle of the night with Huck Finn, and does not want to study hard in school, and feeds cough syrup to the cat, I will go mad.
• Budennovsk, Russian Federation
i have recently read the article where it was informed that Tom Sawyer may be banned from American readers' list at school because the author used words "ni**er" many times and it is not tolerant as usual. perhaps it was fake, but who knows. upd. wow it is the first time i faced "error: cannot post. fix bad words" Actually, i haven't expected that...
@scheng1 (24741)
That is a very stupid idea from the US educational board. Tom Sawyer is a classic and is reflective of his generation. I think this generation is too sensitive. If every word is offensive to someone else, then we better not go to US.
@scheng1 Communism has been infiltrating our education system. We have a huge problem with forced political correctness now. Universities have to employ psychologists because the kids attending now can't cope with failure or differences in opinion. It has become ridiculous.
• Calgary, Alberta
I am a real life Tom Sawyer, I runaway from my parents when I was a kid thats why I never made it to college. I do regret it though.
@scheng1 (24741)
haha, I am sure you are the cause of headache for your parents. At least you are doing well in life. I think many so-called Tom Sawyers are doing well in their businesses, since they are very creative.
I think any good parent would go crazy with a child like that.