The States can receive packages on Sunday

Now not every State or COunty will do this. I am not even sure if you can receive a package from anywhere or anyone. I know that Amazon has some sort of deal with the post office so that packages are delivered on Sundays. AS far as I am aware UPs and Fed Ex do not deliver on Sundays, only the post office. I am awaiting a package that I hope will be here today. It isn't coming from amazon, and I've only ever received a package on SUnday if it has come from amazon. I appreciate those who work on Sundays to deliver our packages. No regular mail comes through on Sundays, only the packages. I hope that the postal service pays these people well. Have you received a package on Sunday?
Yes we have and it surprised me as I did not know that was possible.
I am not sure that all States do it, but yes it was a surprise the first time it happened to me. I got an email saying it would be delivered on Sunday and I thought surely it was some sort of typo or error. Nope, amazon had sent me the package. The goodie box I was hoping for yesterday did not come. Maybe today?
@ScribbledAdNauseum I hope so and a merry xmas to you and your family friend
@bunnybon7 (36481)
• Holiday, Florida
i don't think i ever have.
I think it's only been last year and this that it's been happening.
@scheng1 (24801)
I think they will have to pay,double to get them to work on a Sunday. Their work is tough enough, and more so when the weather is erratic. I just hope that they are paid well, and they have enough rest time after Christmas is over.
As far as i know it is done year round. It has been awhile since I've ordered something and it been delivered on Sunday. I hope they are paid double, I would imagine so.
@PhredWreck (6051)
My sister sent home a care package full of leftovers on a Sunday, but I had to deliver it myself.
She didn't even pay you to take it home did she?
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
You're right. I talked to my mailman the other day, and he's been working every Sunday for a month thanks to Amazon. I wrote a post about it, as I feel bad for those who have to go without time off just so people can get more stuff they don't really need. I've never received a package from Amazon on Sunday, as I don't shop online. I do very little holiday shopping now, and when I do, it's mostly gift cards. I didn't ask, but I, too, hope these mail carriers are well compensated for this.
I was hoping that they would have someone separate handling the routes on Sunday. I suppose they may at some locations. I have amazon prime, so have received a package on Sunday when it has not been near Christmas. I try not to order when I know it will mean that delivery will fall on Sunday. Today I really want my non amazon package because it has yummy snacks
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
@ScribbledAdNauseum They do hire extras. But they often don't know the routes, so we are getting our mail at 5 p.m. and beyond here because of it. A bunch of us sit in the common hall waiting for our mail, and the other day, the sub was stuck on another street at 5 p.m., so our regular mailman stopped and asked us if we'd gotten our mail yet. He made two trips to get it for us, as the sub wouldn't have gotten to us till well after 6. And all just for holiday shopping. Sorry, but I can't justify it.
@Raelove We do not get our mail until around 4 or 5 pm. It is seldom that we get it before 3 pm. This is with our regular mail carrier. I used to live in a more rural area where there was only two post offices in the entire county. We still received our mail before 2 pm most days. I feel for the postal carriers. I can't necessarily agree with you completely as I did all of my Christmas shopping online this year. Even so I received my last gift a few days ago.
@hereandthere (31018)
we have received deliveries at night a few times because they got lost or stuck in traffic.
From your postal carrier or from a government package carrier?
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
No, I've never heard of there being any sort of mail service on Sundays. I think during the holidays it would be nice to do, even if the post office just hired a few seasonal part-timers to only work the Sundays so packages could still be delivered.
I am sure that many would be happy for the work. Of course I imagine there is a lot of training involved and it would be very costly to the postal service to do it that way.
@amnabas (10282)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Its good that you are well fecilated .We dont have such favours here.
Many might think that it is sort of greedy to want / need such a service of Sunday delivery.