Peace on Earth, or in this case mylot!

Centralia, Missouri
SMH (aka shaking my head) this morning over my wall of posts from posters I follow. I am fine with disagreement, it makes the world go round! It just seems like things are sliding down into a flame type war. I hope I am wrong and it is the lack of caffeine that is causing me to think this, not an actual war in the makings. Whatever it is, holidays are coming, people are stressed, time to move on, agree to disagree respectfully. That is an underrated skill you know, agreeing to disagree respectfully. But can you imagine a vanilla world, we all like and think the exact same way? (some versions of the afterlife read like that to me, and they sound as bad as some of the warmer versions of the after life). Do I mind that my neighbor worships Buddha? No. Do I mind that we have a menorah AND a Christmas tree? No. I hate orange but do I hold orange wearers in contempt of fashion court by wearing that ugly color? No, well no if it looks good on them anyways, hey no one is perfect! Many years back I met my first openly transgendered individual. At first I didn't even know how to handle things. I was raised in a narrow minded strict religion, and while I am not saying that was necc a bad thing, I wish more had been emphasized on judging the act, not the actor. I equated gay with bad people, and not just people who (then I have since completely changed my mind once I grew up and started thinking for myself), lived differently. Even in that religion sins, so was I going to start those who broke the speeding laws more than those who broke religious laws? I look back and I am sad at the way I thought and reacted. Then in college, as I said, I met my first transgendered individual (and some gay ones too although that didn't come out until later). She (for that is her reassigned gender, so I will respect and use that one) was a wonderful woman, and I love her dearly to this day. She opened my eyes, as did my best friend, the reason I met the first woman. I learned that what I didn't understand, what I was judging, was looking back at me in the mirror. And I think my trans friend realized this long before I did, although I have never had the courage to ask. I learned that you can love a person but not their actions. Actions can be judged and even disagreed with, but that doesn't' mean you should judge or take that out on a person. We are more than our opinions and choices. Oh I am not saying that sometimes one doesn't need to walk away from a person/situation for the sake of our own mental health, because that can be a thing too. I am simply saying.... we can agree to disagree, respectfully. Oh and be nice! lol
@fishtiger58 (29386)
• Momence, Illinois
Being nice is such a simple thing, don't understand why people can't just be nice. I have my opinion and you have yours. We are all entitled to it. I refuse to get drawn into drama.
we all have soap boxes, have grumpy days, no one is perfect, but I admit I don't handle conflict well, so am happier when it will go away
@fishtiger58 (29386)
• Momence, Illinois
@Jessicalynnt I hear you, I just try and ignore it.
@sugartoes (32417)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@fishtiger58 me & you think a like on that subject
• Portland, Connecticut
I refuse to get into a war with people who disagree with me, but I also refuse to let them be rude to me or anyone commenting on my post. I have deleted comments before and I will delete them again I am sure. I want peace and earth and good will to every one.
there is disagreements, and there is being rude. one deff does not have to mean the same thing! I don't mind disagreements, as long as people stay respectful in them.
• Portland, Connecticut
@Jessicalynnt I agree, I have no problem with disagreeing it is when it gets ugly that I don't like it.
@sugartoes (32417)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Jessicalynnt I look at it this way if people can't respect other people then there's no sense in dealing with them I know if I get disrespected by someone I just turn them off. there's no sense in being rude to people unless they are.
Sometimes for me anyway it's best to move on...I'm not always in an agreeable mood, but at least I'm honest.
There are some of those here too, if I can't say anything nice, going to just not respond at all.
@Jessicalynnt Just like in real life, move on...
@sugartoes (32417)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@AbbyGreenhill there you go be up front & honest & move on
I don't believe that I have a right to judge. I try to leave that up to God.
we can't know everything, hard to judge anyways when one never has the full picture.
@PhredWreck (6096)
No. I just bought a new container of butane for my lighter yesterday, I am prepared for a 'flame' war.
hahahaha, well at least you have honesty, and fire, going for you!
@Drosophila (16881)
Wow my wall is looking great.. No one arguing, at least I ain't spotted any.
I can't remember what set this rant off anymore, lol
@Drosophila (16881)
@Jessicalynnt HAHAHA thats a good thing!
@vandana7 (56749)
Wow...that is a great post. I tend to walk away .. and am around only when forced by situation to be there. Problem is even when I explicitly tell others look I am walking away...don't come to see me, don't try to keep contacts with me, and these are the issues that are unacceptable to me because of which I am walking away...people do not believe me...they believe I am too nice to be walking away...so I am forced to delete that niceness and show them what I am capable of...to throw them out. In general, I do tolerate a lot but there comes a time when I realize I cannot forgive any more and to avoid unpleasantness I do walk away. But people feel that since I am so forgiving, why can't I forgive this as well. That I think is asking too much. I am only human. Generally, the last point may not be as grave as previous sins..but from my end I feel, the person should realize I have forgiven such a big thing so be more careful with his or her behavior with me. They on the other hand feel she can be taken for granted...she does not object to such big things what she will object to small things. lol ..each has his or her perspective.
falls back to human nature, some feel the need to hammer at an issue until the world is convinced.
@vandana7 (56749)
@Jessicalynnt ..Yeah...they do.
@Jessicalynnt for some reason I never knew what smh meant. Now I do. Thamk you.
I didn't for the longest time either, it sounded like a short for some kind of cursing, but it's really not.
@KristenH (19014)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Well said, Jess. Amen my friend.
I just dont know people cant be more nice about things, or identify topics they feel so strongly about they have trouble being calm, and excuse themselves from them.
@KristenH (19014)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Jessicalynnt I'm with you there. We're all in this together for peace, right? No more war or hatred or violence.