The Shopping Center and...promise for the future!

@alberello75 (17479)
Genova, Italy
Once again, me, my mother and my brother, yesterday (Sunday), we decided to make another trip to the Shopping Center. It was still full of people, all ready to choose what will be the gift for, now comely Christmas. The thing that amazed me was the great mass of people in the queue, ready to go to the bench, where gifts were packed. I say this because in recent discussions here on Mylot, speaking of the techniques used by many people, suitable for the purpose of wrapping Christmas presents. Indeed, in the Shopping Center, they had to "pull a number" and waiting to get called to come, each with his package of gifts in the bags, all precisely with the aim of the packaging. I will not always cry on, but this thing has brought me sadness. To be unable to dispose of the money that was mine and I stupidly "thrown away!" Also I would have been one of those who might have a present for Christmas, or maybe keep the money, they can always come good. One thing I say: Patience! Now it went how it went! I must think that from January 1, things (especially in my mind), must drastically change!
Do not feel sad, as you said, things must change with the new year. Forget about the past, anyway there is nothing we can change.
@alberello75 (17479)
• Genova, Italy
Yes, I know, we all have to just look ahead!
• Preston, England
a few stores here use the waiting for your number to be called system - it is awful to have to wait and see customers who arrived later than you did get their goods first
@alberello75 (17479)
• Genova, Italy
Yeah I know, but there are many people waiting to wrap their gifts.
• Preston, England
@alberello75 at this time of year queuing and delays are inevitable - we just have to roll with it
@alberello75 (17479)
• Genova, Italy
@arthurchappell In fact, many people (like me) is not able to envelop gifts in paper and therefore have to wait their turn to waiting.
@Marcyaz (35672)
I think you are glad that this time of the year only comes once a year and we will have to wait and see what the new year brings.
@alberello75 (17479)
• Genova, Italy
"New year, new life", this is a said! But I do not want to be pessimistic, then I hope for a better 2016 than it was not this.
@Marcyaz (35672)
@alberello75 I wish you all the happiness you want in the New Year.
@scheng1 (24801)
The shopping centers near my workplace are crowded too. When I went out for lunch during the lunch break, I could see that the car parks were full, and yet there were many cars waiting outside. I wonder why there are so many people during a normal workday.
@alberello75 (17479)
• Genova, Italy
Usually people thronged those places, on public holidays. However we have to count that we are now under the Christmas holidays.
@mysdianait (64058)
Here in Italy I am still surprised each year about all of the shops wrapping packets and parcels for everyone - and for free too. When I was in UK we had to buy wrapping paper and labels and tape and bows and whatever else and wrap all of the presents ourselves. I still lwrap most of mine. Being aware of your problem and mistakes is a great step towards changing and I hope that next year you will keep that promise that you made
@alberello75 (17479)
• Genova, Italy
Yes, I absolutely have to do! Because it is that we learn from mistakes!
2016 is a great time to just start over!
@alberello75 (17479)
• Genova, Italy
Yes, in fact
I think it's a good idea to have gifts wrapped - I'm rubbish at wrapping . I hope 2016 is much better for you.
@alberello75 (17479)
• Genova, Italy
Thank you, I hope so too