Why do i believe in God?

Banks, Oregon
Why do I believe in God? There are many ways to answer this, but I will start with the strongest reason, the reason that keeps me going everyday, there has always been a quiet voice inside of me, that tells me there is more than this, there is a place, where nothing bad ever happens, nobody dies, no pain, no disease, no heartbreak or loss of any kind, a place where justice reigns and, good always wins. I truly believe this, with all of my heart, soul and, mind, if I didn't I might be a very different person. I might be a person, who thought I had to seek out my own revenge or my own justice, trying to rid the world of evil, but I know God has already done this, our job is to be the light in the darkness and, lead the way, we have a choice, we can follow the light or the darkness. I follow the light and, while I am here, my job is to tell other people about my Father and, about our home in heaven. What are your thoughts and, why do you believe in God?
No, I don't believe in God. I do believe in doing every thing I can to make the world a better kinder place.
@WorDazza (9361)
• Manchester, England
Indeed. I get pretty annoyed at some people's insistence that without a belief in God there is no morality!!
@WorDazza Well you certainly aren't getting that from my post, but I do believe for a fact there is a God, if you don't you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I do not care if my belief annoys you or not.
@WorDazza (9361)
• Manchester, England
@TRBRocks420 I didn't say I got it from your post. I didn't say your belief in God annoys me. I was expanding on the comment by @paigea . There are certainly some, and I'm not saying you're one of them, who can't comprehend morality without God. It worries me that they believe this! Are they seriously only behaving in a moral fashion because they believe in God?
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
I have many reasons to believe in God. I feel a sense of calmness and ease when I believe, when I pray. Its really something that I don't know how to explain. I never know how to describe a feeling. But its a good feeling that I get.
Same here my friend it's a good feeling to me also.
• Budennovsk, Russian Federation
"if there is no God - everything is permitted", - Dostoevsky claimed. Also Thomas Aquinas in the 13th century revealed 5 arguments of the existance of God. Read them both at leisure
@VivaLaDani13 (17262)
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 Well I think you know how I feel about this subject and I still feel the same. I'm always going to be on the fence with God's existence until I get proof. But that doesn't mean I don't believe in him just because I don't have any either. As long as people have faith in something / someone that makes them happy without trying to force it onto other people then I am fine with that.
Yes, I would never try to force anyone to believe anything, everyone comes to God on their own time. I hope he will give you proof someday.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 Thank you. Me too. I was thinking about it yesterday actually. I wish I could believe in something that made life easier. I worry a lot about people I love passing. I wish I could believe that God was real and would allow us to be with our loved ones again.
@VivaLaDani13 I don't know what I would do with out my faith in God and, heaven, it definitely helps get by.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am not sure why I believe, I am sure that my mother instilled my faith as a child but it has been reinforced by God so many times since.
Yes, my Grandma and, my Mom taught me about him too.
@Bluedoll (17089)
I believe in God too. I just don't believe in God but actually believe in God. All will be well.
lol amen my friend and, a merry Christmas to you :)
@trivia79 (7918)
• El Segundo, California
It's just a matter of connection! People finds answer and guidance to that mysterious One and by making connection to it, they felt belonging. God do exist to those who believe (especially if we're going to dig deeper in actual history).
at this time I am not sure.