Are You Going to See the New Star Wars Movie?

@Dalane (697)
The ads for the new Star Wars movie are all over the place. I pretty much tune these things out. I mean, how many sequels/prequels can you have for one movie? Enough already! Well, my son saw the new Star Wars, and he said it was way better than he ever expected. He said it was better than any of the earlier movies by far. I had to take him seriously as he was somewhat of a Star Wars nut when he was younger. He knows this series, and if he said it's excellent, I have to believe him. True, you have to like this genre and special effects. I'm not a big on these things, but after he raved about it, I'm inclined to go see it. Have you seen the new Star Wars movie or are you planning on going?
No interest in going to see it because I am getting used to seeing it in my own home.
@Marcyaz (35549)
Are you saying your home is like Star Wars poor Susan @berniezeitler
@Marcyaz Actually I like watching the movie at home. I can spend the money once and watch it as many times as I want (same price for the DVD as it is for 2 people to go to the theater once.) May the force be with us on the 'cheap'!
@Marcyaz (35549)
@Berniezeitler Yep on the cheap, I refuse to play to go to a theatre and pay their prices when I can sit at home and watch what I want to in a good seat and have any snacks I want and not pay the outrageous prices for them.
@moffittjc (50787)
• Gainesville, Florida
I took my 12-year old son last night to see it, and I thought it was great! They really did a good job with the movie. I plan to go see it again!
@Marcyaz (35549)
I like to hear a positive endorsement like this, thanks. @moffittjc
@Dalane (697)
If you're seeing it again, it has to be really good. Now I want to see it.
@moffittjc (50787)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Dalane I figure if I see it a second time, I can actually pay more close attention to everything going on. Seeing it the first time last night, I was just taking it all in and enjoying the great special effects and what not.
• Brookville, Pennsylvania
I'll watch it someday, but probably not in the theater.
@Marcyaz (35549)
I'll watch it but not in a theater either @oneoveralpha
@ElicBxn (60907)
I'll go if someone goes with me, but it won't be the roomie. Despite being science fiction fans, she actively dislikes Star Wars. I've heard it is way better than the last 3 movies, that wouldn't be hard, they were awful.
@Marcyaz (35549)
Well each person has their own opinion but I didn't think the last three Star Wars movies were awful. I'll wait to see it in my own home.@ElicBxn
@cacay1 (33478)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Going to movie this time is risky considering the peace and order situation anywhere in the world. Where there are people, there are problems.We will just watch it in TV through the channel : I WANT TV , and it free.Thanks.Merry Christmas.
@fishtiger58 (30270)
• Momence, Illinois
I just like the original ones that George Lucas did.
I will probably see it years from now, when they are having a Star Wars marathon.
@Plethos (12916)
im going this tuesday. so far the handful of people i know who have seen it have liked it. even those who have not seen the prior sequels also liked it. i wont be surprised if someone in the theatre with me is seeing it for the 5th time.
@Dalane (697)
Stop back and comment or post your opinion of the movie, if you remember.
@Plethos (12916)
@Dalane - sure, or i was thinking of maybe posting a discussion also. ill let you know
@garymarsh6 (15747)
NO I have not seen it or intend to go and see it. I was asked to go last week with some friends but I can not see the point of paying to sleep for a couple of hours in a cinema. Call me a philistine if you wish but I just do not get it although I know many people really enjoy these films.
@Dalane (697)
I know what you mean. This is not the kind of film I would normally spend time or money on, but my son was so charged about it, I think I will see it.
@DWDavis (16330)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I will be going to see the new Star Wars movie before the end of the year. I've heard it is far better than the prequels. Because of the time since the original movies, I think it will be hard to compare them. Special effects and computer graphics have come so far since then.
@Dalane (697)
That's true. The new movie has to be so much better than the others for the special effects alone.
• Spring Mount, Pennsylvania
Yes I can't wait!! I'm not gonna see it for a while though, I hate going to crowded movie theaters. I hope they don't mess it up.
@Dalane (697)
I think I'll go soon. That way the movie will still hold some surprises.
@1hopefulman (38698)
I have seen all the trailers and I am not impressed. It it just another war movie and I hate wars.
I will buy the dvd when it comes out.
@LeaPea2417 (24267)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I will eventually see it . I am in no big rush. I only saw the first three original movies way back.
Well I think I will just wait till it appears on pay tv . . .
@dodoazo (22079)
Yes I will. I have kept on following several episode of Star Wars movie series before. So I need to see this latest movie of it.
@Marcyaz (35549)
I wilI wait til it comes out on DVD or on a streaming station to see it but yes I will be seeing it as I like the other Star Wars Movies.
Nope I have no interest in it.
• Atlanta, Georgia
I did and it was grrreeeaaatttttt. In my Tony the tiger voice lol
@Bella128 (2477)
I do want to see it but I don't know when I'm going to.