I Can't Respond on Someone's Posts. Have I Been Blocked?

@Dalane (700)
I read an interesting post by someone and when I tried to comment, I found that the option to respond was not available when I hovered over that area. At first I thought it was just a glitch in the system. Then today I wanted to respond to a new post from this person and was still unable to do so. I did notice that they had a response from someone. I tried to comment on that response and was not able to do so either. Does this mean that the poster blocked me? Has anyone else had this problem?
That is exactly what it means and I found out after reading a post by hillbilly who blocked me. I don't know why the option to even read their post is still there. That needs to be revamped blocked needs to be blocked.
@yukimori (9067)
I'm amazed that some people still get interaction on their posts since they seem to have blocked so many really active users...
@yukimori I feel the very same way.
@boiboing (12871)
• Northampton, England
@yukimori There is one who seems to have blocked a LOT of users.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
You sure have. If all you can do is like then they blocked you and don't want you responding to what they have written. This happens a lot when you tell people to follow rules, give advice, or go against what they want to hear. Please do not worry it happens to all of us from time to time.
I didn't know that. Thanks.
• Preston, England
it has happened to me a few times - no idea why but such is life
@marlina I can't respond to your posts as well. I guess that means you know now how it works. Have a blessed holiday.
@yukimori (9067)
Yep, that's exactly what it means. But you can comment on their comments in discussions other users started... and mention them whenever you please...
Thanks I just did right above this.
@Dalane (700)
I was not able to comment to his comments either.
@else34 (13606)
• New Delhi, India
@Dalane,Yes,I think they have blocked you.Otherwise there can be no reason why you can't respond to their posts.
This is one area where one is left guessing till it comes to the point where one cannot respond to a post written by that user who has used that block option.
@Dalane (700)
It is a mystery to me why I would get blocked by him, but I'll get over it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I hope it's not my most recent post. It's a good post but had only one comment last time I checked. I certainly haven't blocked you (or anyone!). I've read in other posts that it can mean you've been blocked. But it sounds like this isn't someone you've done battle with, or anything like that.
@Dalane (700)
No it is not you.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Dalane Did you figure it out?
@Dalane don't fret. There are folks here that will block many users for little to no reason.
@Dalane (700)
Thanks. Now that i know that the person has blocked many members, I don't feel so bad.
@softbabe44 (5901)
• Vancouver, Washington
I wouldn't let it get you down.
I'm sorry that you got blocked. I have not noticed if I have been blocked by anyone yet, but I am sure I have.
@dpk262006 (56225)
I think that the user has blocked you and you just cannot respond/comment on his/her posts. I would say do not take it your heart, there is no dearth of discussions to be responded here, you could try to comment on other users' posts.
@Dalane (700)
Thanks. I will not take it to heart.
@dpk262006 (56225)
@Dalane You are wise enough.
I have the same experience. And I also thought it might be something wrong with Mylot. And then I tried to follow this person but I found out I couldn't. Then I guess I might be blocked. It is quite strange as it seems I haven't annoyed anybody here. I am trying to be friendly all the time. I don't understand why I will be blocked. It just doesn't make a sense.
I guess it does. I am not aware that I have ever been blocked, but probably have been.
@boiboing (12871)
• Northampton, England
Yes, it sounds like you are blocked.