Most hurtful thing someone has said to you?

Perth, Australia
What is the most hurtful thing someone has ever told you? Whether it was meant to hurt your feelings or just a comment that someone didn't think you'd take offense to. I think the top 2, and I mean amongst the many hundreds I can think of, would be. 1: You will never be anything. Will most likely turn out to be a hooker. 2: It should have been you who died instead of your mum. What about you? How did you deal with it? Or are you one of those lucky people who can not get hurt by words?
@dpk262006 (56109)
The person who is saying nasty thing to me is at fault not me. I do not react to such silly comments because I know who I am and what I am. Any other person's opinion about me does not make any difference to me.
• Perth, Australia
That is a very great and positive attitude to have. Well done.
@dpk262006 (56109)
@VivaLaDani13 - I try my best to be positive.
Honestly I am a very sensitive person. I do take offense to things that many others would not. I think what you have here are pretty commonplace hurtful things that can be said. The most hurtful thing said to me is "you are just like your dad"
• Perth, Australia
I have had that same treatment before only being told I was like my mum so I can somewhat understand where you are coming from.
@moffittjc (41176)
• Gainesville, Florida
Oh my God...did someone actually say #2 to you? That is horrible! I mean #1 is bad too, but I just can't fathom someone actually saying #2. Please tell me it's not true!
• Perth, Australia
Yeah both of the things were told to me by my ex. 100% true. Just a jerk he was. Plenty more where that came from too.
@maggs224 (1713)
• Alicante, Spain
@VivaLaDani13 You are right he is a jerk but don't let him jerk you about. You are much to smart to waste your energy doing that.
@moffittjc (41176)
• Gainesville, Florida
@VivaLaDani13 Your ex is not just a jerk, but an idiot on top of that. Scum like that should not be allowed to walk the earth. I hope your new boyfriend treats you much better than that. You should be his queen, and he should worship the ground you walk on!
• Otis Orchards, Washington
Those things are most certainly hurtful things. I'm guess they were said out of anger. When people are angry things come out of their mouths that should never be said. You need to take in consideration who said these things and why they said them. Maybe they have such small view of themselves that they need to take it out on others. I know there has been some hurtful things said to me but at the moment I can't think of any. I guess I must be one of the lucky ones who doesn't let words hurt me.
• Perth, Australia
The person who said these things to me was a total jerk. He said them to hurt me for literally no reason. We weren't fighting or anything. He just wanted to causally tell me these things. And also because of what you just said. He wasn't liking his life so he would take pretty much everything out on me even when it had nothing to do with me. That's good that you don't let what people say hurt you. :)
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@VivaLaDani13 I suppose being a freelance writer toughens one up. You have to get used to rejections. I sent an article to a magazine and got a rejection slip. On the rejection slip the editor wrote, "We don't publish crap like this." I sent the article to another magazine. They accepted it and sent me a note with my check saying, "We absolutely love this. Please sent us more of your writings."
• Perth, Australia
@RichardMeister wow. I mean I am so glad it worked out for you in the end but did the first lot have to be so harsh!
• Preston, England
the second of those is quite horrible - the worst for me was finding my mother was telling her friends and neighbours that I am deliberately avoiding work just to live off her income - it led to some very angry arguments here
• Perth, Australia
wow that is a bad thing to over hear. I would have been so peed off too!
@Morleyhunt (19539)
I take offence to easily, but generally slough it off. One of the most hurtful things, I was about 12 years old. A younger child approached me in the girls room and said, Why don't you tell your mother to stop having babies......my mother was expecting my youngest sister, her eighth child.
• Perth, Australia
There was no reason for that girl to say anything about your mother or make any judgements. None of her business anyway.
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
Whoever said those things to you needs a kick in the teeth. Those are absolutely horrible things to say. Anybody would be offended.
• Perth, Australia
If I was stronger and taller than my ex ( who said these to me ) then I would love to kick him in the teeth. Don't really want to sink to his level but after all the cuts, bruising and bleeding he gave me then I wish I could at least hit him once...or 2 times....maybe more.
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
@VivaLaDani13 violence is never the solution to violence but it's only human to wish him a bloody nose.
• Perth, Australia
@boiboing Or a brick to his head but I wont really do that either..maybe...Nah I wont....in my mind have done it a thousand times at least.
@birjudanak (7161)
lots of time i hear about hurtful thing and one is very bad while i ask one girl to marry me and she give no and said religion problem so i am very hurt because if we like both why take our religion between it,we are first human.
• Perth, Australia
That is very sad. I'm sorry. :(
@VivaLaDani13 its ok dear its call life and we have to survive in it so just enjoy what you have instead of what you loose...
• Perth, Australia
@birjudanak You are right. :)
@Daljinder (21017)
Reading this and reading all the comments or responses, I couldn't even bring myself to like them. Dani when you feel you can trust me enough and are ready, you can vent it out to me about the things you want to share and hadn't had someone to do so. Because you don't want to hurt them. Or make them feel bad or guilty. Or if you think they will make you feel like you were a fool to stay and not fight. I won't be hurt and I won't feel guilty since I have not been in and around the situation when it happened. I had nothing to do with that. And I most definitely wouldn't blame you for any of that. Anyways from now on you have me standing beside you too.
• Perth, Australia
That's very sweet. Thank you very much. :) I really appreciate it.
@Rick1950 (1546)
• Lima, Peru
I think that most of us have been told with rude words sometimes. We can't avoid it. But we also say sometimes words that hurt others. We should try not to have a feeling of revenge after listening words that offend us, but we must not allow offenses at all. On the other hand we should take care of persons who cheer us all the time.
• Perth, Australia
You are exactly right! Great answer.
• Portugal
im so sorry that someone said those horrible things to you no one deserves to hear that. but the person who said that to you is really bad and dont believe what he or she said. to me the worst thing i ever heard was more likely a guy who said that he liked me and only me and next day he got back with his ex gf. it was a good thing to hear the time he said but his attitude showed me that sometimes people say things just to say. and we shouldnt believe in words. but only in actions.
• Perth, Australia
Thank you. :) That is very inconsiderate. Playing with your feelings like that. I am sorry. Not nice at all. I've had my heart played with before. Not a very nice feeling at all!
@LoriAMoore (4856)
I'm sorry someone said those things to you. Yes, I too have been told for 50 years by my emotionally abusive mother, "You're ugly." "You're stupid." "I hate you."
• Perth, Australia
:( That is really heart breaking. I am very sorry. You do not have to answer this of course but did you ever defend yourself? Like say anything back to her to try and make her realise that what she was doing to you was wrong?