Having temper tantrums

Elberton, Georgia
I'm watching a story of the Andy Griffith and Opy's friend is showing him how to have tantrums such as holding his breath, crying and won't stop, stomping his feet and so forth. Andy doesn't react the way Opey wanted him. In fact Andy ignored his actions. Andy orders for the bike to be impounded. The father of the boy comes and demands that he unimpound his bike. Andy tells him he can be locked up for the kid's actions. That really changed the fathers Open gets an allowance and has to work for it. The spoiled boy doesn't work for his allowance. This episode reminds me of me getting a dollar a week for doing all the house work. If I refused to do my chores I wouldn't get my allowance. Some kids didn't get allowances. I consider myself lucky to get the allowance. I gave one to my daughter. Did you get one? Image is one of my colorings
@boiboing (12204)
• Northampton, England
I have no idea who either of the people you mention are.
• Elberton, Georgia
They are caters of the d Andy Griffith Show.
An old show from the 60s.
I used to love that show Charlene. No we did not get allowances. I sort of wish we had of as I think it teaches one about earning money. Still, I was never short of a job.
• Elberton, Georgia
Hi Oshy! I still love that show and have 4 DVDs of different years.
@OreoBrownie Good you have them still Charlene to reminisce
@lokisdad (4267)
When i was growing up if you wanted money you had to get a job to earn it lol no allowance like my kids get.
I never got an allowance. Always enjoyed Andy and the lessons he taught and how he went about it. Shows did that back then. Now they don't.