The Fight for Morning

By Lola
@Lolaze (2866)
St. Louis, Missouri
You're physically backed to the wall But tonight no crashing fists will fall It doesn't mean peace Appeared has an equally dangerous beast A war of words you can't win from the start Just a kid, you're forced to take part He's on his 30th beer Or the switch flipped and her sanity has disappeared Now you're dueling words with someone more than four times your age Plus their absolute power and rage You have no chance to win, never the upper hand Only goal is to reach morning alive if you can No longer you feel your breathing or hear your heart beat One badly worded step is defeat Even insane, their words ring with confident malice You spar back enough just to keep your balance An undeserved apology at them heaved Just enough to give you a second to breath By midnight you feel like a boxer in a ring Still plenty hours left of this thing The wrong word chosen would mean a price Maybe even as much as your life Inside you are black and blue and bleeding Please let me keep my ground until morning you're pleading
@softbabe44 (5959)
• Vancouver, Washington
Your writing is very good I think when one knows someone who has either gone through this or has been through something like that their selves.
wow is this somewhat related to your life or some one elses, I might be assuming but there's a truth to this poem. anyway merry xmas.
This is very well written. And very sad, I hope it is not something you have had to live through.
@Lolaze (2866)
• St. Louis, Missouri
Unfortunately, it is
Merry Christmas and very good there.Good job
@Lolaze (2866)
• St. Louis, Missouri
thanks, I wrote it a few years back :)