Why join Mylot and refuse interaction?

@Asylum (48288)
Manchester, England
I was scrolling through the Most Recent and came upon a discussion about blocking other members. The author stated that he had blocked a vast number of members because they were living in distant parts of world. The reason that he gave was that somebody living so far away would have no interest in anything that he wrote about. This seemed a bizarre reason since those who were not interested would not comment, which made blocking them unnecessary. I did get the impression that this could be light hearted and not to be taken seriously I was about to comment that I have never blocked anyone, and then I noticed that there was no hyperlink for Respond. Apparently I was blocked as well. I appreciate that he has the right to block anyone that he chooses to, but it does defeat the object of posting here.
Is it that hillbilly person? I've had nothing to do with him since he deleted one of my comments a couple of months ago. He was moaning that nobody visited his posts, so I told him that they would if he interacted more. He hasn't blocked me, but I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole now.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
Since he has claimed that we blocks everyone who lives elsewhere he cannot expect many comments. As far as I can remember this was the first post of his that I have visited, but I could not comment because he has already blocked me. I do not particularly care about being blocked, but I do find it strange.
@jaboUK defintely seems like a prickly fellow who doesn't seem to understand the subtle points about interacting with people on myLot.
@HanVanMeegerin I should imagine that he will soon fade away if he doesn't want people interacting with him.
@PhredWreck (6051)
He doesn't just block people from 'distant parts of the world' as he would have people believe. And he ain't a Hillbilly, just a redneck.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
I see that you are fully aware of the member in question.
@Marcyaz (35792)
Ah ha that guy, he is bad news for sure. Not a hillbilly just a redneck @PhredWreck
Don't insult the rednecks @Marcyaz the guy is a dufus.
• Marion, Kansas
I was not blocked as of yesterday but may be today. I had just as soon not give this inappropriate use of the site my attention. Blocking can be un done if he chooses, as well. You never can tell what happens.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
Unblocking me would be academic because that was the only discussion of his that I had reason to comment on.
@Mike197602 (13366)
• Worcester, England
@JakeOmatic it's just beyond stupid to block people that you've had no interaction with. You can't know what you've got in common with people if you don't know them. The whole point of this site is to discuss different things with people who've had different experiences than you have.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
@JakeOmatic Your presence in this discussion has just contradicted what you have written. If whatever I post holds no interest or desire to interact with it, then why are you doing exactly that? Your ability to submit your comment also demonstrates that I am not as petty minded as you are and have not blocked you.
@Mike197602 (13366)
• Worcester, England
Pretty sure I know who you mean. The guy is an utter idiot who will not last here if he carries on how he is going. He's also blocked me and I had no interaction with him whatsoever.
@Mike197602 he should consider just pulling the plug on myLot. It doesn't seem that myLot is a good fit for him
@Mike197602 (13366)
• Worcester, England
@HanVanMeegerin agree. I don't agree with blocking in any way but what he's doing is utterly stupid. ps...happy Christmas mate, hope you have a good one
@Mike197602 Merry Christmas to you too. What he is doing is not being done in the spirit of mtLot.
I agree. I also think he was quick to pull the trigger on that one. Just because they are from another area of the world, does not mean that we would not find what he has to say interesting. It begs the question of whether he intends to misuse the site and hopes that by blocking people, he will not be caught out.
He's from the USA, he just keeps putting weird places on his profile.
@PhredWreck I smell a phish.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
I blocked everyone apart from those living in England I would nothing left to do here all day. I can still open his discussions, but cannot add a comment.
That's his loss. Maybe he'll finally move on when he realizes he's the only one blockin people.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
The whole concept strikes me as totally insane. I have 7 comments so far on this post, yet I had blocked countries distant from me I would end up with none.
My motto is to ignore what I don't like but keep the door open in case someone I like comments on a discussion @Asylum
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
@rebelann This is the only sensible approach because there are members who we can relate to across the globe.
@fedupjane (192)
I was blocked as soon as I signed up.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
This seems totally illogical. I would expect someone to at least have a reason to block a particular person.
@Asylum I've asked the very same question as you. Why join a site that relies on interaction with other members to earn money, if you are just going to block everyone.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
@fedupjane It is not just the earnings that makes it pointless, it means that he will not get any interest from the site either.
@Marcyaz (35792)
I would have to say I disagree with blocking people just because of them living in another country as they could teach you a lot about their way of life just as you can teach them about your way of life. I have blocked a few people but not because of anything like that. Merry Christmas again.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
If I blocked people because they lived a fair distance away then I would never have any interaction and the site would be pointless to me.
@Marcyaz (35792)
@Asylum that is very true there would not be much interaction as we have people from all over the world who have some very interesting discussions.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
@Marcyaz Precisely, I have had some very interesting times involved in discussions with others from several distant lands.
@Asylum @PhredWreck I believe I know who you are talking about! He hails from Texas and has blocked me (I'm from Michigan). Probably because I Blocked him initially. He came from Bubbs and was an insolent person there who has very little to say of a kind nature when you disagree and even when you 'sort of agree'. The attitude of a real grinch bred with a donkey ( also known as an a--.).
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
He must have a very bad reputation because several members have immediately known who it was. If he behaves disrespectfully then he does not need to block anyone because they will stay away anyway.
Oh and by the way BOTH Michigan and Texas are in the same country!! LOL
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
@Berniezeitler I went through a few of his posts and he has had comments from several US members. I even looked at who he was following, which included a member in England. Do they allow the patients to use computers in the Psychiatric ward?
@Asylum @PhredWreck Can I point out a bit of a problem??? Having reviewed the article in question, I discovered a problem!.. Mr. Hillbilly changed his 'location' . When he arrived he was from Texas and now he has it listed as Chad. Then consider he is using the American flag as his photo and it is clearly the fellow who I was thinking he was. The verification for me is that I blocked him before he changed to Chad so when I saw this fellow from 'Chad' was blocked by me it leaves no doubt. Question?? Is it a violation to be that blatant in falsifying information?
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
Now that is an interesting question. I honestly do not know if falsifying one's location constitutes a violation or not, although it is deliberate deception and is immoral. What I cannot understand is his reason for blocking so many people who had never even looked at his discussions.
@Asylum Well I guess this question is for @GoAskAlice !! Is it a problem when you make false representation of who you are? How can a Texas resident claim to be form Chad now? Can this fellow be monitored as he was a bit of a troll in other forums where I've written.
@yukimori (8984)
@Berniezeitler It's always been a violation to change location information to get paid... but that's a very good point.
@poehere (17755)
• French Polynesia
I wish just for once we could all put this aside and have some fun on the site. This is sort of depressing to always have to read about all of this. I feel it is this person's loss and maybe our gain if he wants to go on and play this game. Well anyhow this is the happy season for giving and spreading cheer. I hope this next year will bring more happiness than it is right now. Happy Holidays.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
This was simply something that I found very strange and could resist posting a discussion about. The actual fact of being blocked is hardly going to bother me, especially since I have only seen that one discussion of his. By the way, what is all this Happy Holiday that is now becoming popular, I always stick to the original Merry Christmas.
@poehere (17755)
• French Polynesia
@Asylum There is a lot of different people from around the world so it just seem nice to say happy holidays to one and all because they you don't have to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Happy holidays give you both in one short sentence or two short words. A lot less to type out and write.
@JakeOmatic You ever take your own advice? (open your eyes when you are looking into the mirror. You might be surprised at what you see.)
this person has also blocked me and i do not even know him he is super relgious so maybe he thinks we are all heathens as tis is so bizare I wanted to respond o one of hyis posts but I was b locked. I wonder how he figures he will earn mony if we cannot respond.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
I found out that I was blocked the exact same way, by trying to comment. I did not know him previously either, so he must have searched for members in order to randomly block them, which is the weirdest behaviour I have ever known on any site.
I never block anyone.Was it there to block.Really
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
I have never blocked anybody either and despite being a member for over 9 years this is first time that I have been blocked.
Interaction is the name of the game. I want to have friends ll over the world.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
This is exactly my attitude as well. It would be boring and pointless to have nothing to read here.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
@JakeOmatic I do not use Mylot for monetary gain. My main attraction here is the social aspect, which appears to be something that you cannot understand.
@Asylum You are right about the social aspect. It is the most important thing on here.
Well, I don't know why he would block you. I've never seen you be rude to anyone. I think I know who that is and if you don't share his point of view, he can get very nasty.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
I have never commented on any discussion of his, which makes it even more bizarre since he has no concept of anything about me except that I live in England.
@Asylum It's his loss and not yours. You are not missing anything.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
@Susan2015 The only reason that I found out was because I tried to comment on one discussion, after which I would have probably never returned anyway.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." A Funny Video with a Message.. Must Watch !!
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
Oh yes, I do like that cartoon. A little predictable but extremely amusing.
@Asylum I just couldn't resist! It reminded me of what happened here! Silent and leave doubt, Open mouth and retaliate prove folks right!!
@Asylum absolutely asenine.
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
A fairly accurate description.
@Asylum "fairly?" Merry Christmas!
Kind of dumb, isn't it?
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
Surreal was more the word that came to my mind.
• Preston, England
seems a bizarre reason to block anyone - I'm always delighted by the internet's power to create instant contacts and friendships across the globe
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
This is the perplexing part of it Arthur. What would the purpose of you and I bothering with Mylot if we blocked all non British members?
• Preston, England
@Asylum exactly - I can't see a motive behind such blockings that doesn't come down to racism
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
@arthurchappell How could anyone be so racist as to dislike everyone from outside their country? I find this extremely unlikely. The reason he gave was that anyone from another country would have no interest in his writings, which really makes no sense to me.
@vandana7 (61289)
I am such highly opinionated person...how could he do that to me?
@kevin1877uk (36949)
Because he could I guess, but he won't earn if he does it won't be much.
@vandana7 (61289)
@kevin1877uk ...may be he is a rich man...
@kevin1877uk (36949)
@vandana7 He must be and just like to write, he could use blogger for that.