Christmas Day has passed and I have survived.

@xFiacre (6032)
Ireland
So that's Christmas all wrapped up - or unwrapped if you prefer. It started at six o'clock for me and I worked till about eleven then received family members, cooked the dinner, and now I'm frazzled. This was a truly remarkable Christmas, the first in many years when no-one offered me underwear, socks or scarves as a gift.
@euphie (602)
• Ballymena, Northern Ireland
I genuinely don't know what to buy most men in my life so socks, underwear and scarves are the height of my gift buying - oh and sweets lol
@xFiacre (6032)
@euphie Well now, you could always take a wee race up the road for a bottle or three of Bushmills' finest.
@euphie (602)
• Ballymena, Northern Ireland
@xFiacre I've never actually sampled Bushmills - need to change that shortly. Parents are talking about doing the tour so I may have to join them lol.
Two long days with the family, cooking, unwrapping gifts and listening to music... I survived and I am happy it's over.
@bookbar (1637)
• Sudbury, England
Happy New Year to you, as it is now Boxing Day, and your family !
Christmas is incredibly stressful for me, but as you said, survive we did:)
@kevin1877uk (36321)
Glad you have a lovely Christmas without Socks and things
@1creekgirl (9062)
My Christmas preparations started right after Thanksgiving. Talk about being exhausted. The fact that I had to work more than usual didn't help with the energy level, but my husband was a big help. This was the first Christmas he totally decorated the tree! He said, "How do you want these ornaments on the tree?" and I replied, "Whatever." I was too tired to really care. But still lots to be thankful for.