5 Day Countdown to New Years Eve

@poehere (17680)
French Polynesia
Only five days left to go So today shopping I must forgo Now where to park No need to go to Hallmark Because I must exchange my new backhoe Yesterday went to fast I just heard the newscast Only four days left this year There’s not a lot to cheer Because my house has just been gassed The order lingers on I can’t find my new chiffon The skunk has left his spray I know it will ruin my buffet So I must run and find a new chateau Only two days to prepare I need to find some new footwear The dress I’ve bought Has a giant ink spot And I’m sure everyone will glare The day has arrived I’m sure nobody will be deprived The drinks will flow Everyone will glow And tomorrow we all survived Father Time has come once again He’s now a clergyman He’s here to hear our resolutions So there’s no more substations And there’s no need to be a comedienne Are resolutions all that grand? Will they ever make the newsstand? The first days are so easy Afterwards it becomes uneasy Because nothing ever works out like planned The count down begins until the New Year rolls in. This year has gone extremely fast it seems. I’m sure everyone is preparing their list for New Years and what they will do differently this coming year. Well my list is so short. It is just to live life to the fullest, enjoy what I have here, and try to be the best person I can. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and glad to see everyone back on the site today. Image source – Wikipedia creative commons free image source
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
As the year begins to slip away We shall once again reach Hogmanay At midnight all the bells are rung And Auld Lang Syne is loudly sung As we welcome New Year’s Day
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
I love your little jingle. it is so cute. I decided for mine to do a 5 day count down to make people laugh. Very well done and so cute.
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
@poehere Thank you. It was something that I could not resist, but a single stanza seemed sufficient.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
@Asylum Yes you are right. I just did a few more because I was counting backwards till the day it came. Good choice and a good poem to add to this one. Well done.
Christmas,
It will be New Year's day before you know it. the day will be here and everyone will be celebrating the new year.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Yah you are right on this one. it came and went by so fast 2015 I wonder what will 2016 bring to all of us.
@Marcyaz (35625)
The day will be here before in the twinkle of an eye and I hope everyone is careful on that day. @jstory07
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
@Marcyaz Here on this island it is basically a family get together to celebrate. Not a lot of clubs to go to and parties to attend. The people live not so close together and when they come it is for all night and the next day too. So preparing for the party you need to make sure thee is plenty of places for everyone to sleep. Now this one is fun. I am waiting to see how they plan on doing this.
@kevin1877uk (36964)
Not long now before 2016 is here, not sure what I'm doing for New Years Eve yet. Maybe go to London but I'll see on that one.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
This one sounds like fun. Go to London and have some fun. Good choice on this one. I like that.
@kevin1877uk (36964)
@poehere I'll see on that, I'll let you know later in the week.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
@kevin1877uk Sounds wonderful. Hope you have a good time no matter what you decide to do.
This year has just flown right by, that's for sure.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Yes it sure has and it seems awful strange there is only a few days left of this year. I swore it just started and here we go all over again and it will be 2016 this time. When I was growing up I use to wonder if I would ever see 2000 but now here we are it's almost 2016.
@Marcyaz (35625)
This year has certainly gone by fast and the older I become the faster time goes by. @Susan2015
@Marcyaz (35625)
@poehere I think we all had wondered if we would see 2015 or even 2016.
No resolutions - no disappointment!
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Yes way to go. It is better to not have any than to have a giant list that can't be kept at all. I like it better this way.
@ramapo17 (25186)
• Melbourne, Florida
You are right there @MALUSE.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Love this!!...I'm glad the New year is almost here..My youngest daughter is having her 3rd baby due feb 8th so the closer the time gets, the closer i am to holding him..not that i want the hot sticky humid weather to come back but glad she won't be pregnant anymore and can enjoy her newborn..
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Oh this has got to be something very special to look forward to this new year. I love it when a new life comes and it bring so much happiness and joy for everyone around.
@Marcyaz (35625)
Another one on the way, how nice. I don't think I will be having any more grandchildren or if so not anytime soon. It will be nice when your daughter can enjoy her newborn. @rosekitty What a great present for the New Year.
@Marcyaz (35625)
@poehere Sounds like grandma is looking forward to seeing the new baby. How exciting when a new life has come into the world.
I never did make resolutions, why make it and break it.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
You are so right. I always thought this one was sort of strange and never understood why people did this. I was making sort of a joke out of all of this when I wrote this here today. Add a little light humor to the site and have some fun.
@poehere What's fun is reading some of the resolutions people come up with....!
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
@AbbyGreenhill Yah never considered this one. I have never made any or written them down so I guess this one would be a lot of fun to read some of them.
@tessastv (275)
• Inverness, Scotland
It's amazing how time flies.. Never ceases to amaze me.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Yah me too. I just sit here amazed this year is gone and the new year is just a few days away.
@tessastv (275)
• Inverness, Scotland
@poehere Indeed! It always is like this.. :)
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
@tessastv What is funny is this. If you ask a child about this he says it is too long. But if you ask us about this we say it is too short. I guess time is slower passing as a child and passes faster for us because we have now way too many things to do.
Happy new years and, I love the picture of the fireworks, my resolution is just to be a little better than last year.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
That is the best one ever. All we can do is try to be better than we were the year before. Good resolution you have made.
@HazySue (22490)
@poehere I used to try to make and keep resolutions. I no longer do so, I make little goals through out the year. Your poem is adorable.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
I do agree with you. But I never made a resolution in my past. I always felt that it was up to me alone to change year by year and I didn't see how resolutions would help me do this one. Glad you liked the poem. it was meant to make people laugh and have some fun. I know the count down is coming to the site soon so I decided to start if off to day on a light foot to make people laugh and enjoy.
@sugartoes (41925)
• Greencastle, Indiana
when you get our age you don't think about things as resolutions we just take one day at a time & blessed to see the new year. BUT we do have a few PLANS in order to get done after winter which will be somewhere around April when we can get out side more to do what needs to be done that gives ME time to make the $ I need to do the things we have planed that's why I'm hanging on to all I make on here & work as much as I do to make what I can.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
This is excellent. I too don't worry anymore about making all these resolutions. I guess I never did make them at all. I just want a great new year and hope it all wonderful and better for all.
@Marcyaz (35625)
You have your priorities in order than and you know what you want to do with the earnings from here. I wish you all the best in the New Year. @sugartoes
@sugartoes (41925)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Marcyaz I try to keep everything in order so things get done like I need them done with out order things go stupid & I can't hang with stupid
When I think of all the changes in the last few months it has gone by quickly. Cute poem.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Thank you so much. Yes it has gone by too quickly and it seems like days are getting shorter and seasons are taking longer to change now. Not sure if this is because of our age or it is just the world moving along at a faster pace now.
@Marcyaz (35625)
It was a very cute poem and time has gone by very quick. @celticeagle
@poehere ...Yes, I watched one of the last leaves on the tree outside my window be whipped around by the wind for about five weeks before it finally disappeared.
@Inlemay (16713)
• South Africa
Oh I am not even thinking of it - it will arrive too soon and will bring the task of getting through 2016 without incident. Thats my wish
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Yes this will be the perfect way to make it through 2016 with no incidents I do agree with you on this one.
@ramapo17 (25186)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Inlemay, I agree with you 100%.
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
@Inlemay With a bit of luck you manage until 2nd January.
@cacay1 (33198)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Let us hope for a better 2016!Happy New Year.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Yes I do agree. We should all have a good and safe New Years Eve and have a lot of fun too. Here New Years is for the adults and so they are planning a big event here with music and dancing. It should be a lot of fun that night.
@alberello75 (18340)
• Genova, Italy
I hope the new year bring to everyone something good
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Thank you so much and so do I. We should all have something to look forward too and I hope it is a wonderful year.
@1hopefulman (31539)
I wasn't aware So at the poem I stare Thanks for such a share As your soul you bare
@Auntylou (4318)
• Oxford, England
Oh you guys are all really putting it out there today
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Oh how cute. I did this after a comment on my post for the 12 days of Christmas Tahitian style. A person said wouldn't it be fun to make one for New Years. But she said for the 12 days of New Years So instead I did it for the 5 count down days till new years. Your poem is so cute and I loved it. Thanks for adding another one here. it helps when more and more people like to add poems to things.
@1hopefulman (31539)
@poehere Thanks! Your poem is really good. Have you written many poems?
@zebra2222 (5171)
Perfectly expressed poem. Very humorous.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Thank you so much. I thought it turned out good even if I didn't have a lot of time to write this one.
@richnonai (501)
• Pattaya, Thailand
True enough, the year has passed quickly. Hopefully we will see more peace and freedom for the oppressed people this year and my ultimate wish is that no child goes hungry.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Now that would be excellent and a great way to start off the new year.
i had a fine Christmas as myson came to see me and that made my day.Im looking forward to a new year that will b e fresh and an ev en number too.only one resolution learn to bw positive
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
This is excellent. I am so happy he arrived and came to see you yesterday. I hope you had a wonderful visit and all is well with him. I think your resolution should be for everyone. Have a more positive outlook on life and be happy.
@Marcyaz (35625)
Yep it is almost 2016 and I do not have a list made out I just want to continue to be a friend to my friends I have met on here and try to help them when I can. I hope everyone is looking forward to the New Year. I haven't been to Hallmark either I have no plans on that day except to bring in the New Year with my family and my animals.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
Hope you didn't get a new backhoe you had to exchange either. I thought that would get a few laughs here and there. I did one for the Tahitian 12 days of Christmas and someone said to me I should do one for New Years so I decided why not and did this one up. It was kind of a hurry when I wrote it up because I was trying to deal with a few things before leaving out of here to the office. So it was sort of a rush job but in the end it did turn out good and it got some laughs on it. That was what it was all about.
@Marcyaz (35625)
@poehere By all the comments I would say you did a good job and it did get some laughs. By the way I did not have to exchange the backhoe.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
@Marcyaz Good then the right one was delivered to you and you were happy with it. I am glad it all worked out for you. Yah it did get some laugh and the comments are cute on this one too.