You can set your watch by it

My husband's brother and his wife are always late, I am not sure if they make it to work on time. But their biggest 'late' thing which really annoys me is this.... The wife makes their Christmas cards and the photo is always of whatever it is they bought during the year..one year the big very expensive John Deere Tractor, another year the antique Model-T and another year the Corvette. If they got a new cat or dog that animal was always in the photo (whether it wanted to or not!) But the most annoying thing is they mail the cards so they get to the recipients the day after Christmas. Why? I think they do it on purpose so that their card is the big mailbox find of the day. And today was the day we got their card. They did it a little different this year...instead of something they just got, they put a photo of someone they lost - they put my MIL's photo on the front. It was an old photo probably from 20 years ago judging from the hairstyle. I guess it was their way of honoring her, I don't know. I just found it strange. But they didn't let me down, I set my watch by their one day late Christmas card.
@moffittjc (42976)
• Gainesville, Florida
I have a friend that is almost exactly the same way, not with the way he sends things in the mail, but by when he says he'll be someplace. Without fail, whatever time he says he'll arrive somewhere, it is guaranteed he'll be 30 minutes later than that. So, I can set my watch by it as well. No matter what time he says, I always add 30 minutes on, and BINGO--he's right on time (30 minutes late of course)! lol
Well, at least he is consistent and I guess there is something good to be said about that. I am always early..doc appts whatever, always early.
@moffittjc (42976)
• Gainesville, Florida
@AbbyGreenhill I am always early too! In fact, I consider being 10-15 minutes early to an appointment as the same as being on time! Fifteen minutes early IS on time! lol
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
That is way too funny. I guess they love to be noticed and this is the only way they can do this one.
They are a little strange, so many this is the normal part for them.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@AbbyGreenhill Fashionable late how unique.
@poehere That's a good way to put it!
I am sure you are right Abby, they do this to be the "great find of the day". I cannot stand this attitude.
If it happened once in a while it would be different, but every single year....
That is perplexing. Why people do things the way they do. Has anyone told them they got it a day late? Maybe they are unaware. Like Ann says, sounds like they have to be noticed. If it came earlier it would just be another of the many.
They aren't the type you can 'say' anything to. Long story!
@HazySue (21328)
@AbbyGreenhill I am a stickler for being on time. I think you might be right about them wanting to be the "great find" of the day.
That's the only reason I can think of.
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
That means that you must have a mail delivery on Boxing Day, which we have never had in Britain.
We don't have Boxing Day remember!
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
@AbbyGreenhill Oh of course not, the tradition evolved among the stately homes in England
@Asylum I have no clue what Boxing Day is.
yes,I go along with this.Late is better than nothing.No?
Actually, i prefer none rather than later. Everyone knows the date for Christmas.
it's odd, that whole day late thing on a card, sometimes I will do presents that way, but more so that the person gets a treat in that time period that's often a little sad, with post holiday blues