Anyone ever get Restless Leg Syndrome?

Perth, Australia
I have never actually been diagnosed with Restless Leg Syndrome but to me, I feel it is clear that I do get it sometimes. I get it about once every couple months which is actually great for I know people can suffer with it terribly more often. I did have it once for more than 2 days straight so I couldn't sleep. But in general, it happens when I lay down to sleep. I feel like I need to keep moving my legs because they have a creepy-crawly kind of feeling. I get so helpless and don't know what to do. I get up to stretch my legs or I have a bath hoping the warm water would help. Nothing helps to stop it. There has been a few occasions where I lay down on my back and keep moving / shaking my legs and I eventually fall asleep but other times it is just annoying. I can't find any good ways to help it nor any reason as it why people get it. Do you or have you suffered from it and do you have any advice? I have it at the moment and it's driving me insane.
• Preston, England
I tend to start toe tapping to music which can annoy and distract friends sitting by me sometimes but generally my legs behave themselves
• Perth, Australia
lol well....that seems much more fun.
• Preston, England
@VivaLaDani13 people glare at me when it happens and one girl thumped me on the leg to make it stop once
• Perth, Australia
@arthurchappell Want me to slap her back? Maybe I don't really understand but how is toe tapping annoying? I mean so annoying to make someone thump you? pfffft.
I don't have restless leg syndrome, but I do get cramps in my legs at night sometimes. The only remedy for that is to get up walk about, and it can be quite painful.
• Perth, Australia
Ouch. That sucks. I'm sorry. Do you get it in both legs at the same time? I sometimes get cramps in my foot like it feels like it has frozen and I can't move it around. Do you know what causes the pains in your legs? Is there any ways to help prevent it from happening in the first place?
@VivaLaDani13 I only get it in one leg at a time thank goodness, and it seems to occur after I've been on my feet for a long time the day before. I don't know if there are any preventative measures.
• Perth, Australia
@jaboUK I hope there could be some information you could stubble across one day to help make things a little more easier for you. Sounds really irritating.
@Daljinder (19767)
Ever tried massaging your legs using oil? It relaxes the muscles.
• Perth, Australia
I do massage it when it happens. It sort of helps. For some reason, the only thing to really calm it down is putting a cold pack under my legs and a heat pack on top. I discovered it myself lol
I am sometimes very restless at night but I don't know that I have this syndrome. I've heard of people having it. I'm sure it's very annoying - and tiring.
• Perth, Australia
It certainly is annoying.
I suffer from restless legs syndrome a lot. Did 2 nights in a sleep lab and it was confirmed. That's one of the reasons that I am very tired during the day as I do not get too much good sleep.
• Perth, Australia
aw man I am sorry. So what do you have to do to help it? Did you get any advice? And do you know what causes it?
@scheng1 (24950)
No, and I hope not. I like to have a very deep and sound sleep, and this restless leg thingy will sure make me very miserable. I wonder if there are some exercises that you can do to relieve the nerves or something that cause it.
• Perth, Australia
I hope for your sake you never do experience this! It is very annoying. I do stretches sometimes with my legs which feels good in general but doesn't seem to help it. Or I go for long walks or even spend time on the exercise bike but that just doesn't seem to help at all. That was a great suggestion though thank you!