Getting sand off the feet

@scheng1 (24742)
Singapore
I like to walk barefoot on the beach. The part I hate is the washing up. It is extremely hard to get the sand off the feet. Somehow or other I manage to get some sand into the shoes, and bring it home. I just learn that the best way to get the sand off is by using baby powder. I wonder why nobody tells me about it. I could have spent many weekends at the beach.
I live by the beach, actually lots of beaches are within miles and although I do love visiting the beach - I hate getting sand off my feet also! And worse thing is since Southern California is in a drought, the county beaches turned off the water so we can't use water to clean our feet.. we have to supply our own water. I never knew baby powder can help remove sand easily - thanks for the tip!
@scheng1 (24742)
I think you can try it and inform us of the result. This is something that I have read online but not actually try it. I hope that the drought in California will end soon. I read that the fire has destroyed lots of forest, and homes.
@scheng1 I don't have baby powder, no baby in the house but I may try sometime! I hope the drought will go away also. And yes, California has wildfires and earthquakes.
@PainsOnSlate (20535)
If only I lived near a sandy beach... I love traveling and a beach is usually my destination. If you lived here you could have snow on your feet before the winter is over, today its raining.
@scheng1 (24742)
I live in an island, and yet I do not go to the beaches in my own country. I hate to see the ships, tankers, and other seagoing vessels when I go to a beach. Somehow it spoils the mood and make you worry about the pollution. I go to beaches in the neighboring countries.
@scheng1 I love looking at the ocean and enjoying the beaches. I would not enjoy having to worry about pollution either.
@kaka135 (14115)
I didn't know about that too. We like to play at the seaside and walk barefoot too. Thanks for sharing this with us!
@scheng1 (24742)
I have not tested it. Perhaps you can bring your children to the beach, and after that, use the baby powder to dust the sand off. You can tell me if it is effective.
@kaka135 (14115)
@scheng1 We usually just put a bottle of water in the car, wash the feet, wipe them with towels, and barefoot in the car with stepping on some newspapers. The children are fine with this, as they are always walking barefoot in the front yard, and even to the park. My children do not use baby powder, so I don't think I will try this out. I will let others know about it, when they need to seek for a way, as I know many children are using baby powder. This might be helpful for them.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Sand can be really hard to get rid of and like you said, it can get in your shoes. I didn't know that about baby powder.
@scheng1 (24742)
That is what I have read online. It seems that a cheap bottle of baby powder can get rid of those sands from your feet without even using water to wash your feet.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@scheng1 I'll have to give it a try the next time I go to the beach.
I wasn't aware of that tip! Thanks for letting me know. Sand can be so annoying, and it's not just found at the beach. Parks use a lot of it as well, and even some stadiums / festival settings have sand.
@scheng1 (24742)
I just learnt about it too. They say that just pack a small bottle of baby powder, and that is enough to get the sand off the feet of everyone at the beach.
That's a useful tip - as you say the sand never seems to come off completely.
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
I haven't had any issues with sand either if it gets on our clothes that's the bad part.
I never had trouble with removing sand off my feet.
here they have outdoor shower to rinse off your feet.Good idea on the powder.
@1hopefulman (32486)
I let my feet dry and rub it off. It works for me.
@kevin1877uk (36989)
Love walking barefoot at the beach :)