What Did I Lose First, My Mind or my Extracts?

@Raelove (14494)
Saco, Maine
While I was packing to move a few months ago, I clearly remember packing up all my spices, herbs and liquid extracts in two small baskets. When I wanted to add some orange extract to a pudding I made earlier today, I went to my cupboard, pulled out all my dried herbs and spices, and realized that all my extracts were missing. I cannot for the life of me imagine where they went. Did I mistakenly discard them, or were they lost somewhere in transit? That's hard to believe, as the basket was full, and I told one of the kids who helped me move some stuff to put it on top of the pile. Now I'm wondering if it didn't get left behind during the move. So I just emailed my former landlady, and she's going to check for me. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but some of those products would be expensive to replace. So if she does find them, that'll be great! (Public Domain Image)
Hope you can retrace them. On one move we lost a framed picture that we loved. Never found it.
@Raelove (14494)
• Saco, Maine
I hate that. You try to be so organized and thorough, but something usually turns up either missing or not at all where you remember putting it.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I hope that you do find them and yes that is very strange.
@Raelove (14494)
• Saco, Maine
I always take such great pains to make sure I don't lose anything. It is strange.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Raelove I am the same way and it would irk me to no end.
@Raelove (14494)
• Saco, Maine
@TiarasOceanView I'm trying not to think of it. When I went to the store earlier, I passed by the baking aisle, and thought of it again!
I've lost my mind many times in many moves, but never my spices.
@Raelove (14494)
• Saco, Maine
Good one!
@Raelove And if I did it would have been my husband's fault!
@Raelove (14494)
• Saco, Maine
@AbbyGreenhill Of course! In my case, I had no one to blame, if you don't count the people who helped me. :-P
Hopefully she finds it and lets you know so that you do not have to go out and replace everything. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
@Raelove (14494)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks!
I hoe you get them ack as I know they are expensive to replace. The last time we moved the movers lost all m y houseplants lol.
@Raelove (14494)
• Saco, Maine
I've never lost anything in any move. I hope they turn up. If not, I'll have to do without them.
Every time we move we seem to lose something. I don't know how it happens.
@Missmwngi (9697)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I guess it always happen when one is moving,something just have to go missing and one never realizes until the day you want to use them
Yes,they can be expensive.I did not know that they had banana extract and bought it.Pretty pricey I must say
I hope she finds them and you're able to get them back.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Some of those could be expensive to replace. I think I had something similar happen to me. We recently got rid of a lot of stuff due to a bug infestation. I was packing boxes and directing the kids which went out for the charity to pick up and which went to the kitchen and to keep. I think that a box with my beloved old copy of "To Kill a Mockingbird" in it went to the wrong place. Ugh!
@Rollo1 (16674)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Extracts are very expensive, it's amazing how expensive they are. Replacing all of them at once could run into money.
@Namelesss (980)
If they don't turn up at least you'll get to start fresh. But I do hope you find them.