Be inspired

@Scindhia (1947)
Chennai, India
Even an ant can inspire us only if we have the time to look at it patiently. We are all busy with so many things that we end up rushing through life without actually smelling the roses. What better way to be inspired than listening and reading about ordinary people who lived extraordinary lives.There are some thoughts that resonate with us even though we are not consciously aware of it all the time. My favorite thought should be Helen Keller's who said, 'Turn your face towards the sunshine and you will never see a shadow'. What are the thoughts of great people that you really like and appreciate?
@DWDavis (10771)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I don't know the exact quote, but I've been inspired in my teaching by Mother Teresa who said something to the effect of, "Even is we can't help them all, we must help all we can."
@saurabhrmp (1708)
• Hyderabad, India
Yes, you are correct, in our life someone is inspiration for your life. For me, my father is inspiration as he did so much of Hard work to make me at this position.
@Scindhia (1947)
• Chennai, India
We all need a role model and who is better than our parents? Stay inspired.
• Hyderabad, India
@Scindhia ; For me my parents are role model. If I am able to do 50% of what they had done for me, I will be very happy.
@inertia4 (27674)
Well, I like to read quotes from famous people. And one quote from one famous person seems just about right to me. This is a quote from the late great Steve Jobs - "My favorite things in life don't cost any money. It's really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time."
@Scindhia (1947)
• Chennai, India
I love steve jobs. He was such an inspiration.
@inertia4 (27674)
@Scindhia Not only an inspiration but an innovator as well. His mind should have been saved. What he did in a short few years is extremely amazing.
Helen Keller said that? But she was blind. She saw neither sun nor shadow. I'm puzzled.
@vandana7 (64977)
True...that is surprising. But whoever said that put it beautifully. :)
@Scindhia (1947)
• Chennai, India
The fact that Helen Keller could say that shows her amazing optimism towards life!
@Bluedoll (17069)
What I find amazing about people that lived extra ordinary was that in many cases it wasn't always extra at all, sometimes really sad but they kept trying and didn't quit.
@Scindhia (1947)
• Chennai, India
True. Quitters don't win and winners don't quit.
@Bluedoll (17069)
@Scindhia Some of the greatest were not just the famous but regular people we lived with or got to know in our life. Good to remember - your last lasting comment.
@vandana7 (64977)
I never came across that quote, but had I, it might well have been my favorite. :) That is a beautiful quote alright. :) I keep "when the going gets tough the tough get going" on my table.
@Scindhia (1947)
• Chennai, India
That is a great quote to keep pushing the boundaries.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
I enjoy a good quote especially when I can relate and use it for myself
@Scindhia (1947)
• Chennai, India
Do you have a personal favorite?