Hot Lid = Burned Finger

@Elizaby (3836)
Pensacola, Florida
Right now I am having a time typing tonight thanks to a burned index finger.from making a mistake. I turned on the wrong burner where I was going to cook some rice and had a lid over the burner in front. Lo and behold I accidently turned on the front burner and not the back and when I went to pick up that lid to place it elsewhere the hot lid got my index finger and burned it slightly (thankfully) Still I had a time working with a burned finger while I finished dinner, and cleaned up the kitchen and trying hard right now now to use it much as it heals tonight. I don't know how many times I have tuned on the wrong burner and hope this burn will help me to check closer next time.
I've read a couple posts at different times how putting your hand into flour will take the burn right away. If you have some handy you might try it.
@Elizaby (3836)
• Pensacola, Florida
I put ice on it wishing I had some lavender essential oil or a aloe vera plant as both are good for burns, but the ice did the job this time.
@Elizaby I'm glad it worked and is feeling better.
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
I turn on the wrong burner myself sometimes. I hate when that happens. I hope your finger feels better quickly
@Elizaby (3836)
• Pensacola, Florida
It is doing fine today.
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
@Elizaby that's great
• Midland, Michigan
Burning fingers or any other part of your body is not fun; I usually get mine when taking hot foods out of the oven. Did you run your finger under cold water after it happened? That can take the sting out a bit.
@Elizaby (3836)
• Pensacola, Florida
Yes and used ice also.
Atleast it doesn't sound as if it was as bad as it could have been. No Aloe Vera Gel in the house anywhere? I hope it heals quickly, not a fun place to be burned. I have spilled boiling water that got my ankle. Woo that was horrible trying to walk whilst at work.
@DeborahDiane (23115)
• Laguna Woods, California
Ouch! That sounds like a painful mistake!!
@gr8nana6 (2191)
I have done that too before and also grap a pan in the oven. I am just accident prone. Hope your finger feels better
@kaka135 (14065)
I can't imagine you can still clean up the kitchen with the burned finger. Hope you will feel better very soon. Yes, hope you will turn on the right burner always.
Oh no, I hope you feel better. Aloe will help your burn if it is very severe.