I have questions--do you have answers??

My last selfie for 2015
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
1) What is this 'gay agenda' non-gays refer to? 2) Why are religious people so concerned about loss of faith because someone sees and/or reads the Da Vinci Code? (Shouldn't they be more concerned about all the corruption in the church?) 3) Why can't/won't/don't politicians just admit it when they tell a lie? 4) What will it take to get the Republicans to get their party together? 5) Do you think a 3rd party will ever make a decent showing in an election? 6) How do you get across the message that you are writing, being sarcastic, in a 'comments'? Is there an icon for that? 7) Why don't people acknowledge that there are weather changes taking place all over Earth?? 8) Why was I born? (Oh, I just throw that in on any questioner I post) 9) To my knowledge I haven't been bored in 40 years--what bores you? (And don't dare say posts like this! :o) ) 10) If you are a psychic--will I have one more lover in my life? 11) What would it take for you to have a happy life?
very good there Martin.Some people just have to learn.This will go on forever
@mawhite (242)
Fantastic! I'm happy too. I've never seen a sarcasm icon, but I have seen people on Reddit end sarcastic comments with /s or /sarcasm
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Yes it will @amadeo How are you feeling?
Your questions are unanswerable except for the last one. I AM happy, and I know you are too.
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Sometimes I think you and I are the only happy and positive people on the Internet!
A sarcastic icon certainly would be great. As for the rest, I can only answer that I am HAPPY and try to go with the flow
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
The only flow I go with is mine!!
I have no answer for you. Watch the nightly news :)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
The nights doesn't tell you anything--besides the NIGHTLY news is old news already with the Internet around!
@Drosophila (16694)
I can try for these: 2) If faith could be lost so easily over a book, then it'll be lost over something as easy, as making a cup of tea. People worry about loss of faith in others, because, subconsciously they feel their faith might also be challenged. 3) Because, no one will vote for a "liar". It's bad you have to lie already, but to have the cheek to admit to it? that's outrageous. xD 5) The third party in UK (Liber Dem) did well for the last election! 7) Because weather changes all the time, and we don't necessary want to think further consequences. 8) Because your parents thought it was a good idea to have a child! Sorry you don't get a say in this unfortunately, they made that choice for you, whether you like it or not. xD 9) Repeated tasks. 10) If you're willing! 11) Many things, and one thing.. it's as complicated/as simple as it can be. :)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Regarding #8---and I undid everything wrong they tried to teach and do to me and have the last laugh by being a happy, positive completely satisfied 80 year old man!! #10 & 11 I am not--30 years ago I made the best decision and that was to live alone and have been happy ever since!
@Drosophila (16694)
@GreatMartin oh ya, living alone can be great! you just get up to whatever you want to, and it's positively epic.
@Drosophila (16694)
@GreatMartin And you can cook or eat exactly what you want, how it should taste. if you can't be bothered cooking, you can always order take outs. you also don't have to worry about what other person's wasteful habits that stack up bills. you just pay whatever you need when you need. The benefit of co-habiting is way too over hyped than really it deserves.
@troyburns (1428)
• New Zealand
I have answers to most of these questions, but I'm not sure that people would like most of them. I'll have a shot at number 8 though: To make the world a more cheerful place!
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Obviously YOU are a very smart man!
@troyburns (1428)
• New Zealand
@GreatMartin - That's what my wife tells me - when she wants something!
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
@troyburns I have some better thoughts you wife could tell you when she wants something--tell her to email me!!
Wow that sure is a lot to ponder and answer each and every one-- for the most part though I believe the answer to your first three questions is ego, humans have those and such a separating state of existence, don't ya think ? The rest is just too much for the night so i'll come back later after a good nights sleep to read then ponder the rest of your querants . . . Oh hope your New Year is good
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I woke up this morning so my 2016 is off to a great start!!
That is very good to know and a great self-starter for a good rest of the day, see how good this place is for just a simple task like getting up and in the appreciation of the ability to do that act, is therapeutic . . . think how many people we help when writing this stuff @GreatMartin
Some really good questions here. May too many for me to answer and get anything else done however. Alot of these questions come from fear and anxiety. Especially #`.
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Especially # what????????????????
@GreatMartin ...That was #1. Interesting.
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
That's some stuff that goes back along ways.
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Everything old is new again!
• Vancouver, Washington
@GreatMartin That's really important the old stuff is new.
@FourWalls (16252)
I suppose the answer to #2 would be the same reason atheists don't want to hear the word "God" mentioned or see a manger scene.
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Not quite--atheists aren't abusing members of their non-church--or as they passing the plate for donations. Atheists are fighting for equality while churches are looking to be 'obeyed'.
@OneOfMany (12392)
1) The fact that gays must be recognized in increasing ways, such as rights and other topics. 2) Because people whose faith isn't firm in their hearts is easily shaken, which applies to a lot of people that don't want to believe they are wrong. 3) Because they would have to admit that a lie is formed whenever their lips move, so there's no point. 4) A sincere determination to make the country stronger by putting personal gain aside and looking at the whole (it won't happen). 5) There are many parties, the media never reports what they are up to. A centralist party might make a good alternative. cont below.
@OneOfMany (12392)
6) putting it in quotations or italics? I don't know. 7) Because they don't want to believe that the dark gods are back. 8) Because you are taking part in the grand cycle of life. 9) Everything that is real, but that's because I killed some of my emotions to prevent being in pain for the rest of my life. 10) I can't predict love fortunes. 11) I will never have a happy life, so I try not to think about it.
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
@OneOfMany THAT LAST SENTENCE IS DEPRESSING!!! I am happy just to wake up in the mourning!! I am poor--alone--can't afford a car--have to give up the newspaper to have the Internet--live in federal housing--and I can go on but I can't see ever living a day thinking I won't have a happy life.I am 80 years old. I heart problems, have had an aorta valve replacement, have 5 stents in my legs, have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetse--and could go on for hours BUT I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back food in my belly and am surrounded by Mother Nature--what else could you ask for? What right do you have to ask for anything more? I am truly sorry you feel that way.
That's a lot of difficult questions to answer. Number 11 is easy though. I am very happy
• Walnut Creek, California
People who miss sarcasm or irony weren't meant to get sarcasm or irony. Da Vinci code was a good book. Anyone strong in their faith won't be threatened by an interesting novel.
@zebra2222 (5198)
Wise questions, but no simple answers for most of them.
@shshiju (10550)
• Cochin, India
Its a long list and some of them are really interesting . Please give another post if you got all the answers. Lol
@simone10 (21646)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I'm afraid I don't have any answers for you but those are some good questions. I do lead a happy life right now and I learned how to be positive from you.