My 2015 A Personal Review Of The Year

photo taken by me - Logo of the Festival Of Fantastic Films on a whiskey won by our team in the festival quiz.
Preston, England
January - My personal 2015 was quite a hectic year. It began with the aftermath of the Bubblews announcement that many payments from November of 2014 would not be paid. It led to a mass evacuation of the site’s members that would lead to the site closing later this year. It is my third year of not being able to afford to renew my membership of the Sealed Knot English Civil War re-enactors. I still miss it though I still get to drink with many of my friends from there. February - My 53rd birthday saw many friends join me at a buffet restaurant, which we are doing again in 2016. March – I presented my last weekly community radio show after nearly one and a half years. Imposed changes of air-times / dates and disagreements with some management decisions led me and a few other presenters to close down our shows. The month saw my first radio play go out in a live-theatre recorded presentation from another station. Wendigo Water was well received and reviewed. I hope to do more like it this year. I acted in the play myself as well as becoming its producer / director. April / June – I acted in a university student film project for a Media Studies team in Salford, involving recreating key scenes from the Dexter TV series. I played John Lithgow’s Trinity killer and had to be murdered with a kitchen knife, the day before shooting a scene committing a similar murder myself. Fun to do. I couldn’t get to the Eastercon convention this year sadly, due to lack of income. June-July – I got a short lived job chugging, or charity mugging as it is called, getting people to donate to charities door to door but my sales were way short of target and I was fired within a month. The job was badly paid with lots of unpaid extra hours and highly unethical so I was glad to be free of it. August - My time on the two year Welfare Work Programme ended which meant the welfare pressure to et a steady job intensifying, though they were unable to really start doing this properly until December. I got to attend several excellent beer festivals. An article written by me for a real ale journal was severely re-edited to the point of being rewriiten by its editor which led me to issue very formal complaints on the matter and to cease supporting the publication completely. September – I discovered Mylot, a site that pays for writing and interaction which now takes on much of my work. I attended several burlesque shows over the year and created a new routine for performer, Princess Of Darkness. I took part in most of the monthly Three Minute Theatre 'Flim Nite' movie spoof cabaret shows, which I hope to do next year too. October – I attended the Festival Of Fantastic Films, meeting many writers and actors including Ramsey Campbell, Sarah Douglas and Victoria Price. November – I was a guest performer at the beautifully organized Ramsbottom Literature Festival, performing a specially commissioned poem there at its World debut. December – I enjoyed several pre-Christmas parties, a friend’s 50th birthday celebrations and had Christmas Day in the company of great friends. It was also the month that saw the relaunch of the Star Wars Movie franchise which I loved. Overall, a good year and a big thank you to everyone who helped to make it so. Arthur Chappell
You are a social little busy bee! You've done lots of interesting stuff. My year has been ridiculously dull in comparison. :)
• Preston, England
@Poppylicious you'll probably find you did a lot too if you go through the entire year
@arthurchappell I can barely remember what I had for dinner yesterday!
• Preston, England
@Poppylicious me too if I don't keep notes
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
The first 9 months were very good for me since I managed to take a decent number of holidays. Of course the past 3 have been problematic since I have been constantly waiting for letteres and appointments from the hospital, thus making it difficult to arrange a holiday.
• Preston, England
hope that all clears up early in 2016 @Asylum
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
@arthurchappell It is certainly looking that way recently.
@DeborahDiane (21570)
• Laguna Woods, California
Wow! That sounds like you had a good year, overall. We shared many of the same experiences ... from the disaster at Bubblews and ending with the Star Wars movie.
• Preston, England
hope we have a great year this year too
@scheng1 (24801)
You really have a dramatic year. Mine is more peaceful. Nothing much happens. In fact, I think my life is become too routine, too much like the planets on an orbit round the sun. Having said that, I doubt I want the same dramatic year. It will be too exciting.
• Preston, England
if the planets decide to do something less routine than orbit life will get exciting but also very short - some routines are necessary
@Darroch (245)
Does sound like you've had a very busy and full year. Hope 2016 is also a good year for you. I was also with bubblews for a few months in 2014, but can't remember if I even posted in 2015 as it went rapidly downhill. Must admit don't fancy the job you had June/July. I always feel really sorry for those people coming round the doors, but financially can't afford their "only so many pounds per week" speech. Happy New Year to you when it comes.
• Preston, England
it was the worst job I ever had - I actually hated myself for the few sales I achieved
a very full of good theatre to be sure, oh and you published your Haiku book!
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
2015 has been a very busy year for you. My life is rather boring, not a lot goes on around here.
I also celebrate my birthday in February, but I discovered myLot in late August, when I felt that Bubblews was going to shut down.
@Rollo1 (16689)
• Boston, Massachusetts
You seem to keep busy with a variety of activities, a very busy and entertaining year overall.
@boiboing (12441)
• Northampton, England
You have been busy. I hope 2016 is good for you.
Quite an interesting year for you Arthur. I hope you have a good 2016.
@seren3 (387)
All the best to you for 2016!