Planning for the New Year's Eve

@alberello75 (17513)
Genova, Italy
Today, December 31, as know as “New Year's Eve”. I tonight, basically have just two alternatives 1) Stay indoors until midnight and throwing firecrackers out the window. 2) Go out with my mother, in the city center, to follow the events dedicated to the New Year Actually, in my city (Genova) and other Italian municipalities, they have banned the explosion of firecrackers, such as not to disturb domestic animals, for example dogs and cats. But I'm sure that 40 firecrackers to blow up (in a box where I already bought), throwing them out the window, it should not have serious consequences. Obviously, if I go downtown this would be impossible to avoid paying about 400 € as a penalty! For better or worse this will be my way to inaugurate the New Year 2016. Do you have already done the planning for this night?
@DWDavis (10771)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
The missus and I are planning quiet night at home and seeing in the New Year by watching the ball drop in Times Square New York on television.
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
Good, it would also like to me!
@ramapo17 (24001)
• Melbourne, Florida
@alberello75 Happy New Year to you and you will be celebrating a few hours before we do.
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
@ramapo17 Yes, I know, in Italy midnight arrives with about 7 hours of difference
@alberello75 I shall ring it in with a quiet night at home. Here in my neck of the woods I prefer to start preparing for a day that maybe I'll be able to travel more. Be peaceful and safe my friend!
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
Even this could be an interesting solution.
@ramapo17 (24001)
• Melbourne, Florida
Happy New Year @Berniezeitler. I hope you had a nice night.
@ramapo17 (24001)
• Melbourne, Florida
My husband and I are going to the Elks Club which he belongs to. We are from the northeast, New Jersey area and close to New York City. We love all the hustle and bustle and if we are home we watch all the action from Times Square in New York. We have both been there but at different times. The Elks here in Florida are mostly senior citizens, like we are, and the party is from 6-10. I have never been home on New Year's Eve before midnight but I do like seeing all the action from Times Square.
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
Fabulous!
@ramapo17 (24001)
• Melbourne, Florida
@alberello75 I was in your country many years ago. I also went to Naples and many other places. I was a hairdresser on cruise ships when I was 20 years old. I am now 73 but remember most of the ports I went to like it was yesterday. I cannot tell you what I did there but I do remember going shopping in every country I went to. I had quite a wardrobe back in those days and still have some things I bought.
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
@ramapo17 You see, you are the only person who lives far away from me overseas, that it is already been here in Italy. Good!
@T_gray (7812)
• Salina, Kansas
I'm playing it by ear. My plans kinda got ruined. Hope you have fun with whatever you decide to do
@deafdiva (243)
I am just going to prepare some snack food for dinner and I know I am not going to stay awake until midnight!
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
@T_gray Thanks in advance, of course I will do what I feel like doing
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
@deafdiva Then do you want to say that you're at home, you do not go out in the street?
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
It is already 1st Jan here (it is 1:00am) and I am working. Havent had anywhere to go and when in the late evening my client called in to attend some tasks on the website, I could not deny. So far I have been enjoying this goodbye to the last year and the start of the new year 2016. And what is good is that when I am online, I can always come here and share at MyLot.
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
Even I agree that Mylot, is one of the best sites existing in the web!
@ramapo17 (24001)
• Melbourne, Florida
@thesids Happy New Year and that is a plus while working, to be able to get on the internet.
@ElicBxn (60884)
well, it looked for a while there I was going to be in bed, but after taking a long nap, I might be awake after all... plans? Maybe drink a glass of bubbly cider with my roommate.
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
Ok I understand, therefore, you do not go out of "home". Good choice, too.
@ElicBxn (60884)
@alberello75 I ended up taking another long nap... nearly midnight here (11:40) and I'm not dressed.
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
@ElicBxn Instead I ultimately, I went out going into the city center
@cacay1 (32915)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
We had just celebrated the new year peacefully and successfully. We had a party at home after the " media noche"....stomach so full...
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
Full stomach for good food? Rightly it takes the time required for the "digestion"
@cacay1 (32915)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@alberello75 yeah, of course, we had some drinks to digest foods,plus, we do not sleep the whole evening.This is how we celebrate Christmas " Noche Buena and" Media Noche." It is once a year celebration and my relatives arrived and stayed with us the whole day and evening.What a happy feeling.Cheers for the new year 2016!
@ramapo17 (24001)
• Melbourne, Florida
@cacay1 That sounded like fun with your whole family.
no plans at all
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
In Italy, are already the hours 1.43am. New Year already spent for me. But between us there are about 7 hours of the time zone difference. So you still have time to plan for tonight
@alberello75 I read and then went to bed, lol
@LeaPea2417 (20413)
• Toccoa, Georgia
We are still deciding if we will go out to eat or just stay home. I hope you have a great New Year.
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
At the end I decided to get out, instead you still have several hours of time to think. I wish you a happy 2016. Obviously this also applies to all members of Mylot...and for all the World!
@ramapo17 (24001)
• Melbourne, Florida
@alberello75 And to you too.
@pumpkinjam (5774)
I made my plans in November! I do the same every year. I stay home and invite guests. The plan is usually to get out a couple of games/have a quiz and have a few drinks. It doesn't usually work out that way. I've gone out for new year a couple of times. Didn't enjoy it. And one year I was expecting/hoping to do something different but didn't. Then didn't have time to arrange anything else once I knew I wasn't doing as planned, so ended up playing Pictionary with my sister and having an early night. This time was, what I'd call, my first successful New Year celebration. My first successful games night. I invited a lot of people. Only had 8 people here, including myself and my two children. But we did have fun, we played games, and we had a sip of sherry to toast in the new year.
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
Well, I deduce that you have spent a happy beginning of the new year
We will be having a quiet night at home.
@ramapo17 (24001)
• Melbourne, Florida
I hope you enjoyed your evening Susan. Happy New Year.
I am just staying in the house tonight, It is cold here and I am extremely tired today, I did a lot of cleaning today and I stayed up a little late last night. I am just sitting in my bed now watching t.v. and on my computer, I would rather stay in out of the cold and way from all the traffic and who knows what else out there like maybe someone drinking too much L.O.L. Just don't feel like having any part of it. My Mother asked me if I was going to stay up and watch the Ball drop on t.v.I told her no I feel like the ball already dropped on my head! I am sitting here dying laughing at that one!! I told her and with that I'm Out! "You know lie they say on Shark Tank?" With that I'm out! L.O.L Anyway Happy New Year! Have a good one!
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
Also this is a thesis confirmed! Leaving the house, sometimes you could meet more people "to avoid" in the way of your life. If this is a problem for you, then you have made the right choice in staying at home.
We will have a quiet evening at home.
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
Well even this choice. The rest is always useful!
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
Yes, I have already made all my plans for the evening/night of December 31, 2015. I will be in my bed talking on myLot with any of my friends who are also present. (I run no risk of being hit by drunk drivers, no risk of being picked up by police for driving while intoxicated and will be earning a small amount of money while enjoying myself!) Happy New Year!
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
Indeed Mylot is also a great pastime, where we meet a lot of friends.
@ramapo17 (24001)
• Melbourne, Florida
@DaddyEvil I hope you had a great night and have a HEALTHY New Year....
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
@ramapo17 Oh, yes ma'am! I sure did! I was right here on myLot talking away all night! Did you enjoy your night?
We went to bed early to read, did not bother waiting for the stuff on TV.
@alberello75 (17513)
• Genova, Italy
Dare to say, a very simple New Year, but relaxing.
I'm watching the television special watching the ball drop in Times Square in New York City.
@dodoazo (19529)
Oh, i read this late. I already knew about your date with your mother. As I have said in my comment, it is indeed a great job you did for your mother in making her happy and enjoy the night of that New Year's eve. That is a son should and must do to her mother in making her happy and enjoy her life while she is still living.
@mysdianait (64058)
They were banned here too but there were many just the same. I wnt to bed just agyer midnight and was up early this morning - to a cold and cloudy day with snow forecast for tomorrow, Happy New Year!